NextCruise & Stock Holders

Okay, I tried searching for a previous question to help me get some answers, but I just didn't get everything I needed.

First of all, can someone please explain to me exactly how and what happens when you cash in a Next Cruise. We purchased one on our last cruise and I'm looking to use it sometime this year. I understand that you have to give the TA your resi number, but does this cover your down payment? Does the $100 you paid for the NC go towards your deposit? Will I only owe $400, rather than $500 for the initial deposit on a 7-night? Please clarify.

Also, we began purchasing stock in RCL. How much stock do you need to see benefits, and what kind of benefits should you expect, or ask for?

Any information will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!

Yes, your deposit will be reduced, you will owe the remainder less your Next Cruise deposit.

Stock benefit is for 100 shares and it is for a single cabin. There is no additional benefit to owning additional shares other than the normal things like dividends and future stock price. With the shareholder benefit you get OBC depending on the length of the cruise, similar to NC.

These benefits and Crown & Anchor benefits may not be combineable anymore. There is a thread here about that. I think the net net is that if you have 100 shares of stock there is no great compelling reason to buy a NC certificate anymore.

jc

I purchased a room for my adult children, and 200 shares of stock, and we got the OBC for both rooms....

You got lucky; their policy is: "Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing" (that was taken directly from Royal Caribbean's Shareholder Benefit website - FAQ area).

I emailed off the RCCL website. If two rooms and 200 shares, they would give the OBC to both. I didn't even talk to anyone, just standard practice, I thought. And the stock price was so far down, I was glad to buy it!

That makes perfect sense, since I thought the new policy was that they are not combineable in the same cabin, but two cabins is a different matter.

jc

Thanks for the information. Very helpful!

Just one more question. Am I to understand that you cannot use your NC in conjunction with the Tuesday sale prices?

Just found some incredible deals today and it's hard to pass up.

Not sure about that Jenni. I never book based on the sales. I tend to book way in advance because I don't live convenient to any cruise port, so getting to the port inexpensively becomes more important than an extra $100 off the cruise fare. I saw the sale email this morning, but didn't look too close. I am sure that the fine print will answer the question. Sorry, I don't know the answer. There is a thread that Patti (cruisinfever) has started that probably covers this question.

jc

Here's a link to the thread Patti started about NextCruise. Hopefully it will answer some of your questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891138

Also posting the link to the RCI Shareholder page. As of 12/31/08 there have been changes to the ability to combine benefits and it appears you can no longer combine NextCruise and Shareholder benefits. :(

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Archived