What kind of food can I bring from home on a plane ?

Sue (mom of 3 boys!)

i have a naroma ( cyst ) on the ball of my foot that is very painful. i have too have a gel cushion for the ball of my foot in my shoe so i can not have any pain. does anyone know if i will have a problem at the airport through screening. i am going too contact the airline but i wanted some input here . i also did a search here and that was no help. thanks for any help :)

Don't take pudding. I got my pudding confiscated. But, the lady said she'd probably eat it because they were allowed to, so that made me feel better. It was S'mores, my favorite!

I once got my yoplait yogurt confiscated!

I have several small children myself and constantly worry about their nutritional and entertainment requirements. I would highly recommend Fondue.... Any kind really.. Cheese, chocolate, hot oil and meat.. Or pack it all up.. Heck your on vacation. Growing up my folks use to make rum balls around the holidays, and for us kids during summer vacation road trips.... Give that a try...Perhaps BBQ ribs... Don't spare the sauce, most the newer planes have curtains to wipe your hands on. :D.

my last delta flight was a small package of the driest pretzels i have ever had and a stale something they called a cookie. the peanuts sound better .

Sometimes they serve pretzels, and often on early morning flights, they just have the Biscoff cookies with coffee, but most Delta flights do have peanuts these days.

Sometimes they serve pretzels, and often on early morning flights, they just have the Biscoff cookies with coffee, but most Delta flights do have peanuts these days.

the coffee with the cookie wasnt too bad. i have read that in the near future they might do away with having too take your shoes off through security at the airports according too the tsa site. i hope it is soon.

I have worn orthodics in my shoes through several checkpoints with no problem. I have really bad feet and if they are in a PO'd state I just ask to be hand frisked with shoes on or off while sitting on a chair. Usually I try to hobble through because it is so much faster but definitely can explain problem and they will help you. I have found that a quiet warning of what the problem is and a nice smile and the expectation that they will treat you nicely (even in foreign languages that you can't plead your case in) helps. I also usually have my cane (which I only need occasionally for curbs or when in real pain) and that also signals that you need extra consideration. There are so many conditions that make screening literally a pain or :o but if you are well enough to fly you have to comply. Good luck on your trip. Getting to the ship is the worst part of the cruise!

i have read that in the near future they might do away with having too take your shoes off through security at the airports according too the tsa site. i hope it is soon.

I think that is part of the "trusted traveler" program, which will allow pre-approved fliers to use an expedited security line.

I have worn orthodics in my shoes through several checkpoints with no problem. I have really bad feet and if they are in a PO'd state I just ask to be hand frisked with shoes on or off while sitting on a chair. Usually I try to hobble through because it is so much faster but definitely can explain problem and they will help you. I have found that a quiet warning of what the problem is and a nice smile and the expectation that they will treat you nicely (even in foreign languages that you can't plead your case in) helps. I also usually have my cane (which I only need occasionally for curbs or when in real pain) and that also signals that you need extra consideration. There are so many conditions that make screening literally a pain or :o but if you are well enough to fly you have to comply. Good luck on your trip. Getting to the ship is the worst part of the cruise!

thanks for the great help. i searched all over the site here and came up with nothing too help me. these prohibited things too fly are a real pain for certain things on their lists. but i definetly am glad they are strict and try too protect us.

the only thing that makes it berable too walk is a cushion with gel in it -- go figure :(. but i will do as you suggest and explain what is going on with a smile on my face and see if i can pass the screening and still keep it in my shoe. feet are a pain in the '' you know what '' when they go bad. good luck with your problem also. happy cruising. :)

I've had no problems with the TSA over Kraft cheese singles and bread, bags of trail mix, chocolate, and even a lunchable kit. But you just don't know how it will go. I always have some of these Crystal lite beverage tube thingies and mix them with water to make a decent beverage after going through the TSA (I buy a bottle of water).

Zippy bags are your friend for these situations.

TSA agents are absolutely not allowed to eat confiscated food items.

I've had no problems with the TSA over Kraft cheese singles and bread, bags of trail mix, chocolate, and even a lunchable kit. But you just don't know how it will go. I always have some of these Crystal lite beverage tube thingies and mix them with water to make a decent beverage after going through the TSA (I buy a bottle of water).

Zippy bags are your friend for these situations.

TSA agents are absolutely not allowed to eat confiscated food items.

great ideas. especially the crystal lite for my water ;)

great ideas. especially the crystal lite for my water ;)

My husband reminded me that I often take boiled eggs on flights. I got the idea when staying at a hotel that included a free breakfast in the price. On the buffet was a bowl of boiled eggs. I had my Zippy bags and packed up a couple of them for my flight.

The dining room manager saw what I was doing and gave me the gift of a really nice insulated lunch tote with the hotel's name on it.

My husband reminded me that I often take boiled eggs on flights. I got the idea when staying at a hotel that included a free breakfast in the price. On the buffet was a bowl of boiled eggs. I had my Zippy bags and packed up a couple of them for my flight.

The dining room manager saw what I was doing and gave me the gift of a really nice insulated lunch tote with the hotel's name on it.

sounds good. and you can pick up the small salt/pepper packets too put on your eggs. and what a nice suprise too get a lunch tote from the manager. :)

sounds good. and you can pick up the small salt/pepper packets too put on your eggs. and what a nice suprise too get a lunch tote from the manager. :)

Yes, and the lunch tote wasn't empty! They regularly fix take away breakfast bags for travelers. I've carried around their advertising for years in return for the kindness.

Yes, and the lunch tote wasn't empty! They regularly fix take away breakfast bags for travelers. I've carried around their advertising for years in return for the kindness.

ammenities like that are great. what hotel was it?? i picked up some crackers and cheese today too take along as a snack.

ammenities like that are great. what hotel was it?? i picked up some crackers and cheese today too take along as a snack.

It was a Hilton Homewood Suites. The lunch kit is navy blue.

This positive gesture has influenced my hotel booking choices since. For those of us who have to stay in hotels (and true with other businesses) sometimes the kindness of one employee can make a huge difference.

Archived