Bingo on AOS info, please

I thought I might try my hand at a game or two, but can't find any specific information on cost, session schedules and length, prize amounts, types of games, etc. Does one need to pack daubers or are they provided? Maybe the ship uses slide cards? Do sessions attract large crowds? Have any of you won 'big'? I'm on a tight budget and would like to plan ahead.

Thanks,

revbrenda

I won't be much help, but I do know that we liked RC bingo better than Carnival. I think you can buys sets of cards for $10, $20 ??? I am not sure. My sister in law won about $50 - $75 once, but that was several years ago. They also gave away a suite during bingo the first night. A couple on their honeymoon won it, so no one begrudged them that win. Sorry I couldn't help more.

When I was on AOS I only did the win a free cruise bingo with my husband. Didn't think he'd like it but we had so much fun, planning on doing it more on our next cruise.

No-we didn't have fun because we won. ;)

I thought I might try my hand at a game or two, but can't find any specific information on cost, session schedules and length, prize amounts, types of games, etc. Does one need to pack daubers or are they provided? Maybe the ship uses slide cards? Do sessions attract large crowds? Have any of you won 'big'? I'm on a tight budget and would like to plan ahead.

Thanks,

revbrenda

No daubers necessary. The cards have the perforated holes which you just bend back. I have never seen super large crowds at any games on any ship.

Thanks,

revbrenda

Cost: $35, 4 games, 6 cards (per game)

$45, 4 games, 6 cards (per game, 9 for jackpot), free instant win game

Schedule: On all sea days, on some port days, usually mid-morning or late afternoon. Check your compass daily!

Length: 45 minutes approx.

Prizes: Based on number of people, earlier in the week, usually $50-$200 per game, later in the week, as much as $500, $X000 for snowball jackpot!

Extra info: no daubers needed, its kinda like a punch-out system. Earlier in the week, peoplewise, around anywhere from 25-50, later in the week, several hundred!!

We won $100...!!! Also, look on the back of your ice show ticket if you go, there was a free bingo coupon!

On the AOS NYE cruise, I played the Win-a-Cruise bingo. 4 games, the last one being win-a-cruise, the others being cash prizes. This was the fullest bingo I've seen in awhile. They still offer the perforated cards...I believe they were $22 for 3 cards per game, and if you bought 2, you got one free. They now also offer a Tracker, which is a big electronic game unit. It cost $50 for that particular bingo session, and it was 30 cards per game. I think everyone who won a bingo game won from a tracker. Also, if you do the tracker, you can buy unlimited paper packs (the 3 cards/game) for $10 each.

And, they also offered a pull tabs at the bingo for $5 each...they really want our money! :)

Since this bingo was quite full, the cash prizes for the first free games were approx. 350, 400 then 450.

Do they use the Tracker at every session or just the Win-A-Cruise game? We play everytime we cruise and have never won. I just want to get to stand up once for only having one number left! I always try to "check out the callers balls" once each cruise as well!!:D

I'm the bingo queen :D ...... haven't won much though! In years past they would send a note to the cabin, with a coupon for an "extra" card. I did have a cc friend that won a cruise, and I've won twice $89, $150) ... got to stand up for the grand prize (5,000), but didn't win it. That session is always packed. I have shirts and dogs and what ever else they give away.

Don't know anything about the tracker ... would love to have more info. thanks. Jan

On our September cruise, I waited until the last night to play BINGO. To my amazement, we won the Jackpot - it was approximately $1,800. Nothing like going home with lots of $$$.

P.S. We loved the Adventure!:D

Just returned from AOS and Tracker was used for every Bingo session. It is a handheld unit that allows you to play many games at once, all electronic. All you have to do is watch the screen. As the game progresses it will tell you how many numbers left until you Bingo on your best card. Most people that won seemed to be winning with the tracker. One game I played the tracker had 15 cards and I paid $20. I lost. Later in the week it was $50 for about 30 some games on the tracker. There are still the paper punch cards available for lesser amounts. Personally, I felt the tracker took all the fun out of Bingo. You don't need to do anything but watch the screen. In addition the people playing with tracker have far more cards to play compared to the people with the paper. So, if you have the money and like spending it on Bingo the tracker is the way to go. For the rest of us it ruins the game as playing 1 to 3 cards can't compete with the folks playing 5 times that and more with tracker.

Archived