Someone, what is MTD?

marska

This means that technically you should be able to go to the main dining room at a time that suits you during the opening hours; a section is set aside for this purpose. What I've read is that people have been asked to specify a time when they will be attending which defeats the purpose IMHO. I've prepaid my tips for my next cruise with this facility in mind but will expect to attend when we're ready... I don't mind having to wait for a table to become free if it's particularly busy.

This means that technically you should be able to go to the main dining room at a time that suits you during the opening hours; a section is set aside for this purpose. What I've read is that people have been asked to specify a time when they will be attending which defeats the purpose IMHO. I've prepaid my tips for my next cruise with this facility in mind but will expect to attend when we're ready... I don't mind having to wait for a table to become free if it's particularly busy.

My understanding is that while people are asked if they wish to reserve a specific time for future evenings, they are not required to do so and can, should they so desire, merely show up at a time of their choosing. So far they seem to have been able to seat people with a minimum of delay. Of course the number of participants is limited at present which could account for the lack of problems. It appears that RCI has designed the program so that they can expand or contract the section of the dining room set aside for MTD to reflect actual demand on each cruise.

Wouldn't the world be a much better place if we didn't have 500 different acronyms to learn here? I know I'm in the vast minority here, but this drives me nuts about this site...

Surely it can't be that difficult to type things out so people don't need to refer to a glossary in every thread.

We would have loved to have MTD as an option on our cruises because 6 is a little too early but 8:30 is too late (yes, picky, I know;)). We would have preferred 7pm since that is when we eat at home. We are going to give it a try next time we cruise and see if it works better for us.

Archived