St Patrick's day

Mego0427

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on one cruise when St. Patrick's Day occured: Holland America's Amsterdam. The Crow's Nest lounge was highly decorated as was the dining room with some items for dinner that included the Irish theme. There may have been some beer specials. But, I do not know if any were "green beer". May want to bring your own dye.

We were on Mariner of the Seas for St. Patrick's Day. They had decorations in the promenade, but that was about the extent of it.

That green food colouring dyes bedding, carpets and clothes, so you may want to leave it at home. I waitressed and bartended for several years and my clothes were always ruined on St. Paddy's day!!!

Was on Island Princess a couple of years ago. The bar tender had green food coloring, if you wanted some in your beer. The only thing was, I doubt he had ever used it before. He didn't get the concept that a couple of drops was all you needed. Had the greenest beer I had ever seen.

No, I've been on Carnival and NCL ships on St. Paddy's day, nothing special happens. Did not see any green beer. If it wasn't for some of the passengers dressing up in their St. Paddy's day garb, you won't know it was St. Patrick's Day.

Archived