Buckets of Beer

Does anyone know if they still sell buckets of beer on the ship?

We are going no the AOS in March and DH loves his bottles of beer in a bucket. Last March they said they didn't do it on the EOS because of all the college kids that were on the ship. :rolleyes:

I have copies of Compasses from a recent Independence cruise and they advertise buckets of beer there. But my guess from your post would be they cease selling the buckets of beer during traditional spring break times so if you weren't able to buy it last March you likely won't be able to this March either.

I think it all depends on the ship you are on.....but I would say that this time of year you are pretty sure to get the buckets of beer. 3 years ago we were on the Majesty in september and got them....2 years ago were on the Enchantment for spring break and they said they weren't selling them because it was "spring break", but last year we were on the Navigator for spring break and we were buying beers by the bucket the entire cruise!!! So go figure??? Guess it just depends on the ship and their policy!! I hope they are still selling them by the bucket this year! :D

We love to get the buckets of beer. They were available two years ago in March on the Navigator.

Many years ago my husband surprised me with an eternity ring while we sat on deck one night drinking a bucket of beer under a full moon. May not sound romantic, but it was one of the sweetest things he's ever done. Surprised the heck out of me that he had planned ahead and purchased the ring a week before the cruise. He told me it was burning a hole in his pocket for the first two days onboard. :p

Those buckets of beer will always remind me of that night. ;) Hope they are still around this March!!

Just got off AOS last Sunday and we got several buckets of beer during the week. I just looked at my seapass bill and the total charge was $25.30 for a bucket of Bud Light, so that includes gratuity. The funny thing was, there wasn't always the same number of beers in the bucket. Some times it were 6, and some times there were 5. Maybe they were running a "special" the times that there were 6. Hope that helps. As far as spring break - they may stop the practice of selling more than one drink at a time if they're concerned about excessive partying, so I don't know about that.

We had buckets on Enchantment 9/25. The bucket was basically a plastic tub, similar to a large restaurant type sour cream bucket (white plastic). It did the job, but I don't think you'd want to take it home! If I recall correctly, it barely fit the 4 beers in it with ice.

Now on the Celebrity Century, we were given a large soft sided cooler full of beer and ice. We were tempted to take that home, but returned it when our beer was gone!

That means I need to return those two from our last cruise.

I brought them home for a party I was having, but I will return them, better late then never!

Gonna have to double the size of your suitcase next time to get those two buckets back safely to the ship!!! Maybe you can treat the buckets like library books, sign them out and return them when you're done for two more new ones!! :p

Just how many beers are in a bucket of beers? I am sure my memory is wrong, but I was thinking we got maybe 3, is that right, for $25? That sounds hight, so maybe it was 4.

Does anyone remember the number?

I'm pretty sure my husband got 6...he had 4 of them and I had 2.

My friend and I got a bucket of Corona on the Enchantment last February. It was six bottles and they split it into two buckets because they would not fit into one. Don't remember the cost. Here is our pic of the beloved buckets of Corona as proof ;)

1190541250_2007115.jpg.c8f440c1360b458e87771e07c9f4e657.jpg

My friend and I got a bucket of Corona on the Enchantment last February. It was six bottles and they split it into two buckets because they would not fit into one. Don't remember the cost. Here is our pic of the beloved buckets of Corona as proof ;)

Love the picture. Can't wait to do the exact same thing!! :)

Does anyone know if they still sell buckets of beer on the ship?

We are going no the AOS in March and DH loves his bottles of beer in a bucket. Last March they said they didn't do it on the EOS because of all the college kids that were on the ship. :rolleyes:

Just off the Explorer today :( but they did have the buckets of beer and the price varied on what type of beer you wanted. Buckets of 6 Bud Light Aluminium Bottles was about $35 and 6 Cans of Coors Light was about $27.

Is Bud the only choice with the buckets? I'd rather lap saltwater right out of the Caribbean than drink bud or bud light. Any Corona's or Dos Equis in the buckets?

Thanks,

Mike

As an important followup to hockeyboy's question. Is there any Canadian beer available on any of the ships?

Archived