Sea days

ilmsg

Martini tastings!!! :D

Step One: Find an isolated part of the ship (deck 4 on any RCL Voyager Class ship, for example) with a nice lounger or chair.

Step Two: Bring a good book -- anything by Troon McAllister is great (you golf junkies might recognize the name).

Step Three: Nicely ask the nearest barmaid to keep you supplied with a nice Riesling or a fine single malt scotch.

Step Four: Forget about the rest of the world -- with the exception of your significant other, who is seated right next to you sharing the moment.

Michael

There are often lots of scheduled activities on sea days: shows, classes, competitions etc.

You can play some of the sports: basketball, ping pong, shuffleboard, golf (not that easy on a moving ship) etc. There are often board games available in the library. You can use the gym.

Hunting for a non crowded spot is always a challange in my book . . . the life boat deck is always my last resort.

This is a page from Freestyle Daily on a Majesty Sea Day... (if I did this right)

D2P2-vi.jpg

You may have to click on the page to enlarge it.

Crap...why did you have to post this.....Now I need to book a cruise on the Majesty (as I wait fo the cold front to come through with a high of 9 degrees Thursday):o

Sea days are great. Lots of planned and "unplanned" activities. It is vacation time, so we don't do a whole lot. Sleep in. Eat, Walk around. Talk about doing something. Not doing it. Eat. Nap.

The perfect day as I see it. (add in: reading...and waking up with the book on your chest) That IS vacation...paying thousands of dollars to not have a care in the world for 7 straight days and being so relaxed that you can't even make it through a few chapters.

Archived