Would you consider a pair of white five pocket pants jeans?

stipmom

Exactly , Karyanne...I am a big believer in "dresscode" following and I think most of the time I am dressier than most (my husband complains about my excessive clothing consumption!)

If you have a nice "Michael Kors " cruise collection type white jeans (slim cut , not tight) and wear them with a long tunic and sandals , you will be very well dressed (probably better dressed than lots of people!) and entirely appropriate.

We are not talking cargo pants and we are not talking about scuzzy jeans. White jeans are not really "jean" like-they often come out in many designers "resort" collections , which are geared towards travelers.

Chic...not slovenly.And I highly doubt you´d ever be turned away if you put together a gorgeous top (as we said , longer) and nice acessories.

Have fun and be beautiful!

Kim

If you have a nice "Michael Kors " cruise collection type white jeans (slim cut , not tight) and wear them with a long tunic and sandals , you will be very well dressed (probably better dressed than lots of people!) and entirely appropriate.

We are not talking cargo pants and we are not talking about scuzzy jeans. White jeans are not really "jean" like-they often come out in many designers "resort" collections , which are geared towards travelers.

Exactly, they're just a heavier cotton. Not even in the same ballpark as wearing blue jeans.

Unfortunately the facts get a little fuzzy with Celebrity...

From their web site:

Before Six

Dining options abound aboard Celebrity. For breakfast and lunch, jeans, shorts and casual daywear are allowed in all dining venues before 6:00pm. After 6:00pm, this attire is allowed only in casual restaurants and cafés.

Also, please note post # 6 from the Century last month...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=903421

I do not care what others wear but the OP should be aware that admission to the MDR could be denied. Probably not but it is possible. Not my opinion, just observations...

Thank you dkjretired!

It was not my intention to cause any kind of controversies.

And it was absolutely not my intention to give out wrong information.

The pants on the picture look stylish,but i´m not very sure if they fit the smart casual code.

If you do and they decide to enforce the dress code, don't get upset. Head back to your cabin and change and come back.

It's 50/50 they will enforce.

Do you honestly think there's a Maitre d' cruising on Celebrity today that will take a women in white cotton pants aside to check out the thickness of that cotton to see if it falls into the "denim" category on a smart casual night? Not a chance in hell :eek:

Your white jeans with a nice top sound perfect for a casual night. It doesn't matter if they are Michael Kors or Jacquelyn Smith/Kmart! I'm pretty sure that "jeans" in the Celebrity dress code is referring to blue/black denim. I would wear them proudly...

Do you honestly think there's a Maitre d' cruising on Celebrity today that will take a women in white cotton pants aside to check out the thickness of that cotton to see if it falls into the "denim" category on a smart casual night?
You never know. All I'm asking is in the off chance it happens, don't be insulted. There is a possibility no matter how remote.

It just goes to show how far people will obsess. Jeans - lordy - traditionally heavy blue cotton 'denim' with metal rivets, etc. Voodoo!

White cotton pants - how are they stitched? Metal fasteners? What do you call them?

Nobody is going to notice on casual night (except perhaps complimentarily)... I mean NOBODY!

And - If somebody DOES notice; I mean really notice and start focusing the energies exhibited here... Then I hope security keeps a close eye on that character and runs their name twice with Homeland Security! :D:D

Again, you have nothing to worry about, especially because jeans are no longer prohibited in the dining room.

From Celebrity Website:Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the "Smart Casual and Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

J

Archived