Would you consider a pair of white five pocket pants jeans?

stipmom

If they have rivets (the little metal brads at the pockets, etc.), then they're jeans. If they're made of denim (even white), then they're jeans (well, most of the time). If two of the pockets are over the rear end area then they're most likely jeans. If one of the pockets is a little coin pocket sewn in above one of the front pockets (usually the right one), then they sound like jeans.

It's your decision!

Wondering if I could wear them to dinner with a dressy top?

I do. I have a pair of white jeans (with glittery stitching at the pockets) that I wear with a metalic gold top and gold sandals. It really fits into the smart casual category. Likewise, I wear a pair of black jeans with rhinstones down the side with a dressy top and a pair of metallic sandals.

The advantage to these pants is that you can change your outfit with a different top and wearing different shoes. It stretches your wardrobe and you can bring less clothes. This is especially the case for me since I am taking a 10 day cruise in a couple of weeks, and I don't want to bring more suitcases than I have brought for a 7 day cruise.

Wondering if I could wear them to dinner with a dressy top?

Gosh I hope so! I have a great pair that I got from Chicos that look great with a dressy top and high heels and I thought they look better than some of my "dress pants". I am totally planning on wearing them on smart casual nights and am confident that I will look appropriately dressed based on my shoes, dress top and jewelry. White pants are so versatile!

and not to be rude, but some folks who wear white "dress" pants that dont have the appropriate lining look REALLY awful! The "jeans" I have (and assume you are referring to similar ones) look a million times better!

Are these cargo pants we are talking about? If so, I'd say save them for "day wear". Remember, it's all about your comfort level on your vacation. If your concerned about being underdressed (in photos, appearence, etc)... skip 'em.

Does your pants look like these? Hopefully, the length is better that the picture I found on a clothing store website.

37079_m.jpg

Five-pockets as in "two in the front, two in the back, and a coin pocket"? Sounds a bit like jeans - but I'd still say go for it, with a dressy top they'll be lovely!

Five-pockets as in "two in the front, two in the back, and one halfway down the leg"? I wouldn't call those jeans - but I wouldn't wear them to the dining room either...

The new dress code does not forbid jeans and many people were wearing "nice" jeans on our Christmas cruise. Please do not turn this into a jeans or new jeans issue-I am just stating the facts.

Your white pant outfit sounds lovely.

Unfortunately the facts get a little fuzzy with Celebrity...

From their web site:

Before Six

Dining options abound aboard Celebrity. For breakfast and lunch, jeans, shorts and casual daywear are allowed in all dining venues before 6:00pm. After 6:00pm, this attire is allowed only in casual restaurants and cafés.

Also, please note post # 6 from the Century last month...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=903421

I do not care what others wear but the OP should be aware that admission to the MDR could be denied. Probably not but it is possible. Not my opinion, just observations...

I already adhere to the dresscode...I actually dress a bit dressier than most...but I have to admit, I do have a pair of light-weight, white jeans. They don't have that "chino" look to them, and I wear them with a longer, silk dressy tunic. I keep them freshly creased and smart looking.

They aren't the extra tight fitting kind of pants...but rather a good looking slack.

Archived