Live from Serenade of the Seas (A bit at least!)

Darkwolfe

Hey all! We've boarded Serenade for our seven day cruise in the Southern Caribbean! All is great so far.

I have a couple of bits of information to pass along for people planning to cruise form San Juan

1) There were some reports of cabbies not honoring the fixed rates published on the internet. I'm happy to report that all of the cabs we've used between yesterday and today were priced correctly and the drivers were all in good spirits.

2)If you fly Airtran, be aware that when they have everyone checked in on a flight, they load up and leave! Be ready to get on and get gone!

3)Senor Frogs in OSJ is still serving up some great food. But, go to the bathroom somewhere else. I don't think the bathrooms have been cleaned since sometime around 1950.

I doubt that we have much of an internet connection after we leave St Thomas tomorrow as cyber cabin is not available on Serenade at this point. If I catch a non-roaming cell signal, I'll be able to get on the web, but that may be a random experience.

Also, I'll get a full review with pictures done after we return.

Hanging out on Serenade!!

:D:D:D

Darkwolfe

You are going to make us all jealous!! We did our first ever cruise on the Serenade just 8 short weeks ago, but it seems like forever since we have felt the warm Carribean sun.

Just today we got iced in here in Ohio. We were suppose to be at an all day wrestling meet and instead I am at my kitchen table finally starting on my cruise scrapbook. Re-living every moment on the Serenade. I can attest to the fact of being bitten by the cruise bug. I was on these boards researching for over a year before we went, and I still can't stay off. Just need to get my fix thru others.

Make sure you let us know how things are going if possible. Go have a drink in the Safari lounge for us and have fun at sailaway tonight.

darkwolfe - can't wait to read your live posts...I absolutely loved this ship.

I thought it was one of the prettiest ever....it has to be perfect for Alaska with all the glass, elevators, etc.

If you happen to stop by the Schooner Bar (which we used more on this ship than any other) see if there is a Bulgarian bartender called Mladin (sp?) he made the best french martini. I heard he's still coming back to the Serenade every contract he gets....

Have a wonderful cruise....this is also my favorite itin....

Hi there...thanks for posting LIVE. It makes us poor folks left behind feel much better while we wait our turns.

Pewwwww....bathrooms not cleaned since around 1950 :eek: :eek: :eek:...how gross is that!!!! Can you say... I'll hold it?????????? :p

The Serenade is wonderful, hope you have a great cruise......I'll be here following your posts!

Hey Darkwolfe, we will be getting on when you are getting off the ship, so I hope you will leave a few beers onboard for us to enjoy!:D We will be looking forward to any good hints you can give us to check out next week. Have a great week and hope you have great weather and smooth sailing!!

Keith

waterbugohio- Ya we ducked the weather too. By the time we get back to KC, I wouldn't be surprised if there's snow on the ground again.

maggieq- Haven't been through there yet, but will at some point.

gerig- Ship is looking good. I noticed when we headed back to our cabin fr the first time that the carpets still looked almost new. Cabin condition is excellent. Saw a couple of bare spots in the rail varnish, but I also saw a "Fresh Varnish" sign not far from there too. So I'd say that her maintenance is doing well.

Windjammer fare was quite good. I personally prefer simpler fare over fancy (with Chops being a notable exception) so I find the WJ food to be quite good. Food is extremely subjective though so opinions will vary widely.

We're about to get caught up in the world infamous "Mustard Rill" so I'll be off now and hopefully post once more after dinner. Might be a late post though. If we've gotten too far offshore by then, I'll post tomorrow sometime.

Archived