Recommended hotels in Seattle?

lifeisgood3

Hi,

We're looking for a hotel in Seattle, close to the pier (Bell St #66), sailing on Celebrity in June. My parents are joining us, but my Dad is in his mid 80's and has a hard time walking. So, we need to find a hotel that is within short wallking distance to restaurants and still provide great views of the waterfront and shopping. Price range probably less than $225 per night. Suggestions, please???? Thanks, Lifeisgood3:confused:

Hi,

We're looking for a hotel in Seattle, close to the pier (Bell St #66), sailing on Celebrity in June. My parents are joining us, but my Dad is in his mid 80's and has a hard time walking. So, we need to find a hotel that is within short wallking distance to restaurants and still provide great views of the waterfront and shopping. Price range probably less than $225 per night. Suggestions, please???? Thanks, Lifeisgood3:confused:

We stayed at the Mariott, however, in the downtown area, there are a lot of steep hills. The port is in the downtown area.

Overall, I believe you will have a very hard time finding something within easy walking distance because of all of the hills. I am in my early 40's and could really feel it in my knees.

I might add that cabs are very easy to come by in this area though.

Have a great trip. We did and we are planning our return in the summer of 2010.

Deb

We stayed at the Marriott Seattle Waterfront in 2003 and liked it very much. I booked it again for 3 nights in May - and I used Marriott points for a free stay. The price is in the upper $200's/night: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/seawf-seattle-marriott-waterfront/

We're staying at at Marriott post-cruise (using points too). Did you have a rental car last time? Their parking fee is pretty hefty, but I thought I read somewhere (maybe on the Marriott FlyerTalk forum) that there is nearby parking on the street.

We're staying at at Marriott post-cruise (using points too). Did you have a rental car last time? Their parking fee is pretty hefty, but I thought I read somewhere (maybe on the Marriott FlyerTalk forum) that there is nearby parking on the street.

We had a rental car in 2003, but we won't have one this trip. Parking fees at big city hotels can be steep.

We have also stayed at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront and enjoyed our stays very much. We like the fact that it is close to a lot of things. Have stayed there 3 times and would not hesitate to stay there again. The hotel's location does provide access to waterfront sightseeing and shops. However, for access to Pikes you would have to tackle the hills - even with the elevator outside of the Marriott, there is a small climb to Pikes.

Nancy IL - Keeping warm?

We have also stayed at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront and enjoyed our stays very much. We like the fact that it is close to a lot of things. Have stayed there 3 times and would not hesitate to stay there again. The hotel's location does provide access to waterfront sightseeing and shops. However, for access to Pikes you would have to tackle the hills - even with the elevator outside of the Marriott, there is a small climb to Pikes.

Nancy IL - Keeping warm?

It's 22 right now, but inside my house it's a balmy 68. :D I need to do some errands today - which I ought to have done the past few days before it snowed! Do you miss Illinois winters? ;)

It's 22 right now, but inside my house it's a balmy 68. :D I need to do some errands today - which I ought to have done the past few days before it snowed! Do you miss Illinois winters? ;)

Nancy,

Do I miss IL winters???? NOT ONE BIT - OK, maybe the first snow but that is it. :D I still think about IL though - we get WGN (news station) so I do keep in touch. Stay warm.

Karen

Any cheaper hotels?

The best way to get nice hotels at less expensive prices is through Priceline or Hotwire. To use either, you need to be very sure of your travel dates, because the hotels are non-refundable once you get your hotel. I check http://www.biddingfortravel.com before using Priceline, and http://www.betterbidding.com when using Hotwire (to figure out which hotel it might be).

Nancy,

Do I miss IL winters???? NOT ONE BIT - OK, maybe the first snow but that is it. :D I still think about IL though - we get WGN (news station) so I do keep in touch. Stay warm.

Karen

My oldest daughter moved from Irving, TX to Chicago in August. She was glad to get out of the Dallas summer heat, but I'm sure she isn't thrilled about Chicago winters now!

Any cheaper hotels?

Downtown Seattle hotels are pricey. You might save some $$ by seeking a hotel around South Lake Union or Queen Anne, but you will need to take a taxi to the cruise port.

You can take a city bus from Queen Anne to downtown Seattle. The South Lake Union Trolley runs from the Lake Union area to the downtown Seattle retail core.

The best way to get nice hotels at less expensive prices is through Priceline or Hotwire. To use either, you need to be very sure of your travel dates, because the hotels are non-refundable once you get your hotel. I check http://www.biddingfortravel.com before using Priceline, and http://www.betterbidding.com when using Hotwire (to figure out which hotel it might be).

Thank you so much for posting these sites. I used Better Bidding and managed to get the Westin near Pike Place for $159. That's over $100 off. Can't say thanks enough! :D

Any cheaper hotels?

KansasScrapper,

Do you have an 2009 Entertainment Book? We have one and used the Direct to Hotels and saved almost 50% on our hotel we booked last night we booked the Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown. If you have questions feel free to ask I will help you out, from one Kansas girl to another. :D

Archived