What colour polish?

CMDE

Hi, I am wearing a black outfit for formal night - skirt, camisole and shrug - and wanted to buy a pair of gold peep-toe shoes I saw today. But I just got a pedicure with red polish and it looks really odd.

What colour polish do you wear with gold?

I wear a cranberry red (OPI's Kenne-bunk Port) with gold sandals and it looks wonderful.

Maybe you're just wearing the wrong shade of red for your gold shoes?

Personally, I hate french pedi's and think they look weird. If you really don't want to use a red polish, then just use a natural/white color all over, like Essie's Marshmallow, or Like Linen.

I have a polish question: I used to wear OPI pearl polish and haven't in years. I see they still sell it. Is it a dated color or not? I haven't seen anyone wear it in a long time and I'd like to again, but I don't want to look like an old lady who has no sense of "today."

Edited to say on my fingernails, not toes. I can't wear red because it's too harsh for my coloring. Pinks work best for me, with an occasional rose.

I use a neutral with a pinkish tone--looks natural, yet "finished". I won't change colors on vacation---takes too much time and effort!

I just try to find something that will go with anything...then I don't have to worry about it!

Only on longer cruises, where my nails grow (and they grow quickly!!!) and the polish line starts to show, will I re-do my nails.

If you have acrylic nails, there is a product called Tammy Taylor Prizma Powder that has the color in the powder. It comes in the most beautiful colors, and doesn't chip, so I don't have to use nail polish. I found this at a salon about six months ago, and now I just purchase my own powder in a color I like, and take it with me when I need a fill in. I can even take in on the shp in case I should have a nail to break and need to get in fixed. I usually use a mauve or a neutral color that I can wear with most outfits.

I just purchased this one this week.p115a.jpg

I wouldn't hesitate to take the shoes to the nail salon with me if I wasn't sure what color to choose. You not only have to consider the color of the shoe, but your own skin tone. There are so many different shades of red out there, what works for some people may not look quite right on you.

I'm not crazy for the French pedicure, either. To me it just looks so phoney, plus it always looks like the person needs to cut their toenails. I'm not crazy for long artificial nails, either, they look so dated.

I wear a gold/rose tone on my toes and a sport length clear fingernails. My fingernails are coated with gel and sort of a French look, but more natural than most, the white part isn't real thick. I'm into simple and low maintenance, hence the gel nails since I don't have to polish them and if one does chip, I merely file it down until my next appointment.

• 5 months later...

Just my opinion but no french on the toes! Yuk! The purpase of the french is to create the white line that extends beyond the nail bed. Who has their toes longer than their nail bed. It just look like you really, really need to cut your toenails!:eek:

I wear a cranberry red (OPI's Kenne-bunk Port) with gold sandals and it looks wonderful.

Maybe you're just wearing the wrong shade of red for your gold shoes?

Personally, I hate french pedi's and think they look weird. If you really don't want to use a red polish, then just use a natural/white color all over, like Essie's Marshmallow, or Like Linen.

Love, love, love Kenne-bunk port!!!!! My favorite OPI color!

Personally, I hate red..all shades of it..and EVERYONE always wears red, and all shades of it.

I actually wear a PURE white on my entire nail..and I've had nothing but rave reviews. It would seem you should wear something soft and neutral.

Archived