The standard Interior Rm

lonegirl

Hi Next Sunday we head out on the Vision of the Seas for 1 week! Yay! Now....we have 3 of us (2 adults and a toddler) in a standard rm. My father in law booked us (it was a gift to us) but didn't think about the fact that there would be 3 in that little room. Has anyone else done it? Our little guy, who is 2 will have to squeeze in with us on the bed :)

If we wanted to check about an upgrade do we just call them? Thanks for the help!

Years ago when we had just graduated college and could barely afford the trip, 2 girlfriends and I all crammed into "the standard interior room". Now it may have been more than standard because we each had our own twin bed and none of them were bunks, but nonetheless, if 3 adult women with all of our accessories and clothing could squeeze in, I'm sure you and your husband and toddler can make do. Think of it this way - how much time do you actually plan on spending in the cabin? Just go with it and spend the extra money on excursions and shopping. Have fun!

we did an Interior last year with a 6 and 11 yr old and 2 adults. It is tight, but how much time will all 3 of you be in the cabin?

Did the kids sleep on the floor? Just curious? We plan to push the 2 beds together and the 3 of us on the queen...it'll be cozy, but no privacy for hubby and I at all...if we wanted any that is after the busy days

I agree... If this is your first cruise, you will find that basically you change clothes and sleep in the cabin and that's about it. There will be so much to explore on the ship you won't really notice it. Many times upgrading by room size can cost a deal more and I would prefer to spend that somewhere else on this ship or excursion. If you really like cruising (and I'm sure you will!) the next one you book on your own, you can consider a larger room or one with a view.... I've had inside, oceanview, balcony, and suite. Loved every one of them. Whatever way you decide to go, have a great time!

Most likely, the bed will already be set up as a queen--if it's not, tell your attendant and they will do it. (Different bedding for twins and queens!)

Some cabins sleep 3 & 4--with 3 booked into the room, there will be 3 sleeping spaces at least. Either a sofa bed or a pullman for the little one. (If you choose to use it).

I think it's doable with a small child (they don't take up that much space), but I would never do it with 3 adults!!!!

Hi Next Sunday we head out on the Vision of the Seas for 1 week! Yay! Now....we have 3 of us (2 adults and a toddler) in a standard rm. My father in law booked us (it was a gift to us) but didn't think about the fact that there would be 3 in that little room. Has anyone else done it? Our little guy, who is 2 will have to squeeze in with us on the bed :)

If we wanted to check about an upgrade do we just call them? Thanks for the help!

Upgrading won't get you a significantly larger cabin unless you go to a Jr suite. The beds won't be any larger either.

You'll do fine in your inside.

Did the kids sleep on the floor? Just curious? We plan to push the 2 beds together and the 3 of us on the queen...it'll be cozy, but no privacy for hubby and I at all...if we wanted any that is after the busy days

No we had a room with bunkbeds that came down from the ceiling. They loved them. But the only time we all were in the room was to sleep. We even changed in shifts. Worked out well for us, but we are simple people. I'd rather get a small room and spend my money elsewhere. No matter how large your room, you will not have privacy, you have a toddler :D.

Archived