New Menus

joeyancho

Wow, I am truly shocked at your level of disrespect. I have yet to cruise on the Navigator, and I did check out your "cruise portfolio", so apparently you know it all, but that was the most caustic post I think I have ever seen on this board, or any board for that matter, to date.

Update; I have read all of your post on the board, and I guess you are the master of caustic post. Conratulations!!!

Very rude! angry8.gif

Guess you need to read some of the posts on the thread "Jeans in the dinning room" Talk about caustic and disrespectful comments. Boy is that a hot topic! ;)

Now back to the menu! I am leaving Sunday on the Legend, for Hawaii and Jamaican me hungrey! Oh wrong trip! :D

Just a bit of a quibble. Black Angus is a breed; prime is a grade. Also, Black Angus is not a "cut" of meat. All standard cuts can be made from Black Angus cattle, and it's possible for Black Angus to be graded USDA prime. So, a Black Angus top sirloin is simply a regular top sirloin cut from a Black Angus. It is typically considered a premium grade from a premium breed. One last thing, we've had Black Angus beef in the US for decades. I can remember it being a big deal at least 25 years ago.

In any case, ANY cut of Black Angus would be preferable to the dreaded Ranch "Steak." :D

beachchick

Thanks for that clarification. As a big steak eater, I just recall over the years fine rest. advertising "prime" rather than the breed "black angus" that you see so much of now.

Don M.: I hope I didn't come off as "know-it-all." We live in an agricultural area (including beef cattle), so we see this info all the time. To be honest, we don't eat beef all that often. I'll tell you though, when I do have it I want it to be the absolute best possible quality. I want a top quality, medium-rare filet mignon or ribeye. (Now that I think about it, that sounds good for this weekend. ;) )

I think there has been a push recently to advertise "Black Angus" as superior to other breeds. I even read where some ranchers are trying to breed for black hair, even in non Black Angus breeds--sounds kind of odd to me. I don't know what's made it so popular now (that is again), except maybe the prevelance of low-carb, high-protein diets? "Beef; it's what's for dinner" and all that too perhaps.

beachchick

Beachchick: You need not apoligize, you are absolutely correct. I just hope whether the cow is black, white, or pink, that Rcl starts serving better quaility. When you cant even get a hamburger as good as McDonalds something is wrong.

Just off the navigator this morning...sorry I did not meet you TJ.

They had a family style salad that they were testing on the last night. It was a nice big bowl on the table and you can help yourself.

They also tested the three different desserts on one plate on one night

Also, they had appetizers one night on a tiered plate for the whole table.

The food was very good. Somethings better than others. The food at the windjammer was so so but the dining room was overall very good to excellent.

Just off the Rhapsody about 4 weeks ago. Although I have noticed a gradual decline in the dining room food quality on my recent RCCL cruises, I did notice an improvement on the Rhapsody.

The food quality on the Vision class Windjammer has always been good to very good and it was the same on the Rhapsody. The Windjammer food on the Monarch was much better than on my Majesty sailing. The new food station layout was very nice also.

I'll be back on the Monarch in 3 weeks and hope to see an improvement in the dining room food. I was rather disappointed in the prime rib I had on my last Monarch cruise. The carving station in the Windjammer on sailaway day had a roast beef for lunch was excellent, much better than the prime rib served in the dining room. The server cut me a nice end cut that was as good or better than most prime rib end cuts I've ever had. I'm hoping they have this on my next Monarch cruise.

Reggie:D

Those items you had listed, is that all that would be available for that evening in the dining room? Do they also have a children's menu in the dining room. Also, I haven't thought much about lunch, but do you just sit at any time during the day in the dining room for lunch, if you don't go to the Windjammer ? Enchantment 2/19 Thanks.

Hi Tjukka and Parnami, Just wanted to say hello..remeber we dined with you guys on the NOS at the Captains dinner.CYA Bev and Ernie

PS Stop by are super Freedom thread!!!

Hi Bev and Ernie. I remember the names from dinner..but not the faces. On which cruise date was that? I need to look up the photos..to refresh my memory. I Know TJ saves hers as well.

I'm curious...because from week to week..the last time I was on Navigator..RCI changed the menus..and that was when the infamous Ranch steak was first introduced. :( The difference was night and day compared to the previous week....and not for the better. I ordered the same dish at the Captain's table..both weeks..and the second time..it was not good....everything was different..for the worse. The preceeding week though, I was well pleased with my meal.

Anyway..it's nice to see a friendly face! ;)

Where's your "super freedom" thread?

Ahhhh....ERNIE..NOW I remember! :)

Tj and I sought you out on the Helipad..before we left Miami...and you were part of that HUGE crowd from the board, the Hyatt who were sailing that week.

Good to see you!! Have you been on Navigator since then? I thought I saw there was another cruise with that same crowd. Were you part of it? Did you "hook up" with TJ and the Leif again?

Don M.: You are so right! I'd love to see them "upgrade" the grade and cuts of meat in the dining room. We haven't ordered a burger onboard except once in the Seaview Cafe on Radiance. I have to say it was pretty good--and it looked much better than the ones we saw in the dining room. We did have a turkey burger in JR on Mariner, but that's not part of the "regular" food, so I don't count that. How hard is it to make a decent burger (even in quantity)??? For pity's sake, In-N-Out Burger does a really decent fast food one; RCI should be able to do the same.

beachchick

HI EVERYONE...I'M SAILING ON THE NAVIGATOR ON DEC.4th. This will take us to St.Thomas, where I'll be getting married. There's a group of 8 of us.:D

First, Thanks T.J. for the new menus! :)

Thanks to Casachic for your input on the Navigator!

Paranami: What do you do? I want your job --cruising a million times over. Nice!

To the rest: I've been on 3 RCCL cruises and though some things look familiar, others ARE new. I think its great that RCCL is upgrading their food. If they don't, well hell-- go home if you're simply spending hundreds of $$ to just EAT! There's more to a cruise than food. I agree that some things need to be improved, but if you've had SO many bad experiences then DON'T go on another cruise! I'm not going to let one bad server or one bad meal ruin my time....I'm happy to munch on lettuce. Get off the high horses people!

Hi,

We were on the NOS the week of Nov 13th. We were told that it was the second week of new menu testing. We were in the Nutcracker dining room.

The food was wonderful, the service was great our waiter was Chee, and is assistant was Jane table 309. They were great. Our waiter told us that on the second floor of the dining room they were trying out serving some things family style as another poster mentioned. Our table was not served this way and the consensus at our table was they would prefer to stay traditional vs. family style. I wonder how the family style went over?

All I know that the food was great and we had no complaints. If I had to pick my least favorite of the week for me it was the veal parm. It wasn't bad I just did not really care for it. The lamb chops the last night were great. The beef was very good also and cooked to peoples specs. I do not know if it will stay at this quality but, if it does there is nothing to complain about.

We also were told that new lunch menus were going to start the next week in the dining room. Never had lunch in the dining room so I have nothing to say about that. The Windjammer was good. Not gourmet but good considering they are serving thousands of tastes and likes and dislikes. There was always something for everyone.

Johnny Rockets was good. If you like the onion ring, french fry burger scene. We ate there the last day because we had a coupon. It was good but not a huge attraction for us. You can have that type of food anywhere.

I think you will find the food better than any cruise you have been on in recent years. We were greatly surprised and pleased.

They are trying why not give them a chance.

Pat

Archived