After the cruise do you feel motion?

Mangojh2

My boyfriend and I have both experienced feeling the rocking motion of the ship for a few weeks after we get off this ship. Does anyone else ever feel this, or does anyone have a good remedy to try next time?

Thats the bonus of cruising and if your lucky it will last for at least a week;)

What are you guys talking about ? I pay extra to have that feeling for a week . Just sit back at your desk close your eyes and put yourself back at the pool with a cool one :D

Honestly I don't normally mind it so bad, but that time I had it so bad I had difficulty taking a shower it was BAD. I swear I thought I would never get over it that time. I would literally be sick everytime after I would take a shower. I think maybe the shower triggered it more so because we sailed on the Aft and the sound of the shower and the sound of the wake from the ship were simular.. maybe?? Don't really know for sure but I hated it that time.

Honestly I don't normally mind it so bad, but that time I had it so bad I had difficulty taking a shower it was BAD. I swear I thought I would never get over it that time. I would literally be sick everytime after I would take a shower. I think maybe the shower triggered it more so because we sailed on the Aft and the sound of the shower and the sound of the wake from the ship were simular.. maybe?? Don't really know for sure but I hated it that time.

I feel it most in the shower, too. I always thought it was because I'm without my glasses/contacts & can't see right or I close my eyes because I don't want soap in them. Plus the shower floor is a little sloped for drainage.

I believe I'm sensitive to it as it generally lasts a few weeks after a one week cruise. I'll be sitting at my desk at work and all of a sudden, wam, I get rocked! I was once out all day fishing 20+ miles offshore on Lake Michigan in 6' swells and upon stepping on the dock proceeded to get what describe as seasick. The ironic thing is I've not experienced seasickness, and I spend many full days on the water in small craft in a all kinds of conditions (tournament fishing). Even when those around me are all turning green I'll be down in the galley (supposedly the worst place you can be) making sandwiches. :confused:

After every cruise I always feel motion on land. It usually lasts for 3 weeks but one time it was about a month. I am used to the feeling now so it doesn't surprise me. The worst is when I am trying to sit still at the computer. There are very rare cases where people have not recovered. I saw it on a news program about a year ago. This woman still has it.

My boss experienced this after her first cruise on the Jewel in October. I was telling her about this thread and she provided the following link: http://www.mddsfoundation.org/

It's a serious condition and I hope that most of us never suffer from it.

It is much better than being seasick. My wife can get seasick watching a boat on TV. I consider myself fortunate that I only feel it after being on the water.

It's kind of fun. I had it very briefly after my Alaska cruise. Going up through the Inner Passage was very tranquil but we hit stormy weather coming back in the ocean and I remember people laughing and commenting to each other as we passed in the halls staggering back and forth.

Then you get off the ship, no more rocking to worry about, except for that in your head, which translates to your legs. :)

Archived