Best obstructed view on Ruby Princess?

GloriaF

We've never had an obstructed view cabin before, but I thought the obstruction was always a tender or lifeboat.

A few windows in cabins fit between the boats to give a good view. That's the reason for the question.

Anybody?

yeah, last time we had a ov it was obstructed with a life boat, which was ok, but everytime i opened the curtains there was some one cleaning the life boat, kinda wierd, my rooms this time are not showing any boats but there is something obstructing my view , but can't tell what .even askes princess they don't know... i need a close up pic. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the cb and emerald we had 414, 418 and 415. Great views. Booked on Ruby as well. These ships are sisters of the Ruby. There are about a dozen cabins with no boats. Look at the ship on the emerald deck. So far, it seems if you reserve the early 400's cabins, they seems to be the best.

Here is a pic of the outside of L101 to L104!..... If you look at the Brown part (Top of the Bridge wherepeople are standing) there are 2 Brown Doors 1 Left and 1 Right....inbetween are the Four cabins L101 to L104 and as you can see its hardly a Restricted view!! apart from the bit in the middle....and you are only 2 doors away from getting out onto the Bridge Deck....

Dave.

fp80813-l.jpg

Edited by sidari

Thanks Dave for the pic. When I spoke to the booking agent at Princess, he said there was a "small passageway between L101 and L104" and that the railing was the obstruction. When I looked at deck plans I thought that it was above who you described as the bridge deck. I'll say that is the best partial obstruction, I'll ever see. I think the views crusing into the Mediterranean ports are going to be just gorgeous. Thanks again..

Pat

p.s. do you know if there is much movement in these cabins. We were on the Coral and had forward cabins, just behind the bridge and that was fine.

• 10 months later...
I'm booked for L104 on the Ruby this July. It's listed as po, has an small deck in front. Does anyone have any experience with this cabin?

Thanks

I would like your feedback please on this cabin (we will be staying in L103) as we have seen that on Emerald a review about a running machine in the gym above causing a problem, it would be nice to know what your experience was like

Many Thanks

Phil

On the cb and emerald we had 414, 418 and 415. Great views. Booked on Ruby as well. These ships are sisters of the Ruby. There are about a dozen cabins with no boats. Look at the ship on the emerald deck. So far, it seems if you reserve the early 400's cabins, they seems to be the best.

Good to know. We have 414 and 416 booked for June 6th on the Emerald.

Good to know. We have 414 and 416 booked for June 6th on the Emerald.

Pia, this was the view from E414 on the Caribbean Princess(which happened to be our cabin last trip). Should be very near the view you will experience on the Emerald. I believe this is St. Thomas while in port.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=202678331&albumID=1838926&imageID=33603691

Hopefully the link works, i could not get the picture onto my reply message.

Chad

We'll be on the Crown (sister ship to the Ruby) and will be in an obstructed view, Category F cabin, E631...no obstruction. (plus E701, E633 and their even numbered counterparts on the other side of the ship) Thanks to Vicki for the great pics of the view out of our cabin. Look at the deck diagrams on the Princess website to see what's outside your cabin window. It is very accurate.

Pia, this was the view from E414 on the Caribbean Princess(which happened to be our cabin last trip). Should be very near the view you will experience on the Emerald. I believe this is St. Thomas while in port.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=202678331&albumID=1838926&imageID=33603691

Hopefully the link works, i could not get the picture onto my reply message.

Chad

LOL Chad. This link is not looking like any cruise ship view I know of. ;)

I would like your feedback please on this cabin (we will be staying in L103) as we have seen that on Emerald a review about a running machine in the gym above causing a problem, it would be nice to know what your experience was like

Many Thanks

Phil

We absolutely loved this cabin, the obstruction is a railing and the deck area is above the bridge. You have a beautiful view of the ocean.

In 12 days, I think I heard the treadmill....very, very faintly once.

I will take that obstructed cabin again... the passageway to the deck is locked when you're in the open sea or the stewards usually it at dusk... it varied. The windows to the cabin are tinted, you can see out, but no one can see it. It was great to have a bird's eye view going into ports.

Pat

We absolutely loved this cabin, the obstruction is a railing and the deck area is above the bridge. You have a beautiful view of the ocean.

In 12 days, I think I heard the treadmill....very, very faintly once.

I will take that obstructed cabin again... the passageway to the deck is locked when you're in the open sea or the stewards usually it at dusk... it varied. The windows to the cabin are tinted, you can see out, but no one can see it. It was great to have a bird's eye view going into ports.

Pat

Many thanks for your quick response the comments were very reassuring

Phil

The link is legit, did you click it? I did to make sure it works. It should be exactly what you are looking for.....:)

What I am getting Chad is a My Space page. Each time I click there are different faces to click, none of which resemble a ship. My is your click and my click different?

Your myspace page is private - thus, unless we are friends, we can't view it.

OK, So this is driving me crazy.....I think I have it on here as an attachment......sorry for the hassle. Honestly, I was just trying to get Pia the image she was looking for since I had it.

Hope this works~~!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

E414 Caribbean Princess (should be same view for sister ships, at least i would think)..........

cruise2009-1a.JPG.8beab27028765fddd33f529fa6e9aa8f.JPG

Edited by cruizin-from-maine
new info

OK, So this is driving me crazy.....I think I have it on here as an attachment......sorry for the hassle. Honestly, I was just trying to get Pia the image she was looking for since I had it.

Hope this works~~!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

E414 Caribbean Princess (should be same view for sister ships, at least i would think)..........

Yep - it works!