Carrying on Wine, Liquor, & Beer

waid10

Has anyone carried on their own wine, liquor, and/or beer? How did you do it? What did NCL charge you?

We enjoy having wine/cocktails/beer in our room, but wasn't sure if it was worth the hassle to carry it on. When we previously cruised, it was easy and there was no charge to carry on.

Last time I cruised (2004), I carried on 6 bottles of wine in a duffle onto a Princess cruise. Princess didn't charge me a dime. You could bring a bottle to dinner with you and they would charge a corkage fee to open it. But we usually opened the wine in our room, had a glass there, and carried a glass to dinner with us. Our room steward provided new glasses to us every day.

Our friends bought a case of Corona in Ft. Lauderdale and had it slapped with a luggage tag and left it with the porters. I never thought they would actually deliver it, but it was at our friend's room with his luggage.

Is it still this easy? Does NCL treat it differently?

Thanks.

Wine is fine, as much as you want. BUT you will have to pay the $15 corkage fee for each 750 ml bottle when you board the ship. NCL offers a bar setup for your cabin. The price per bottle isn't cheap but it beats the per drink prices. Many people get beer though by being creative. But if you're asking the policy, no liquor or beer allowed to be brought on. In fact, it says no alcohol period, but they do allow wine.

Has anyone carried on their own wine, liquor, and/or beer? How did you do it? What did NCL charge you?

We enjoy having wine/cocktails/beer in our room, but wasn't sure if it was worth the hassle to carry it on. When we previously cruised, it was easy and there was no charge to carry on.

Last time I cruised (2004), I carried on 6 bottles of wine in a duffle onto a Princess cruise. Princess didn't charge me a dime. You could bring a bottle to dinner with you and they would charge a corkage fee to open it. But we usually opened the wine in our room, had a glass there, and carried a glass to dinner with us. Our room steward provided new glasses to us every day.

Our friends bought a case of Corona in Ft. Lauderdale and had it slapped with a luggage tag and left it with the porters. I never thought they would actually deliver it, but it was at our friend's room with his luggage.

Is it still this easy? Does NCL treat it differently?

Thanks.

wow, beer, that is unusual to bring it on, but I guess sometimes it works. Most lines will convescate it. As for the rest, NCL is very strict. Don't even try. YOu can bring wine on but you will be charged the $15 corkage fee regardless of where you drink it. SOme have gotten away with bringing hard stuff on, but usually that gets spotted as well. You best bet is to order a bar set up for your cabin prior to cruising.

Nita

Archived