New Years Cruises-Yes or No??

suey

This week we are looking at booking the New Year cruise on the Jewel for end of this year. A big family trip again with 12 of us confirmed already and a few stragglers I am waiting for before I make the booking. But after reading some threads on here, I am wondering whether to book a New Year one or not?? We have never really seen any BAD behaviour on our previous cruises, I am not sure if this is just good luck or the fact we are not late-night/early morning people, usually in bed before 1am at the very latest. So we don't see the late night antics.

So just wondering what are your views on New Year cruises????:)

SUEY..you would have to be prepared for a lot of children on the cruise in the New Year being school hols and all and also a lot of party animals. If you do not mind those, get out there!

Suey

Read both of my reviews for W901 New Year parts 1 & 2 and you wont regret it. There is bad behaviour on every cruise and there were heaps of children but they were well behaved and are kept busy in the relevant kids clubs.

The only fear you will have is you will want to book it every year after your return THE BEST NYE Party i have ever attended :D

Kruzein

Yep, I too would go for it. :D

No matter what cruise you go on you could run into unruly behaviour.

I have ben told of bad behaviour on previous cruises , but as we were tucked up in bed :eek: when it happened we were not affected by it.

Suey, I asked the same question a few days ago, and received many positive messages so we booked it. Have a read ("Freaking out about NY Cruise). Also ensure you read Krusein's reviews 1 & 2. They just got back from the NYcruise and had a ball. Hope to see you there! Pacific Jewel has some great specials through Travel Agents and include on board credit. (not directly thru P/O).

Go for it!

WE HAVE BOOKED!!!! We booked this morning on the Jewel for 11 of us, they said not much left for four berths already. We booked one 3-berth and two 4-berths, so amother cruise to look forward to.:)

We have just got back from New Years Eve cruise and was thinking of doing new years on pacific jewel, but wasnt really ready to book yet, from what i have heard it is booking out quickly. we require a 4 berth, did you mean there wasnt many 4 berths left??oh no................ i better think more on it and quickly by the sounds of it.

We have just got back from New Years Eve cruise and was thinking of doing new years on pacific jewel, but wasnt really ready to book yet, from what i have heard it is booking out quickly. we require a 4 berth, did you mean there wasnt many 4 berths left??oh no................ i better think more on it and quickly by the sounds of it.

we asked for the cheapest 4-berth option and the cheapest offered was on deck 10 (Baja equivalent) deck for 4-berths and deck 11 (Aloha equivalent) for 3 berth. Was told we were lucky that there was still room for our two teenagers. Got TA group booking price (P & O told TA about it she didn't know) with $100 on board credit each. Already have cabin numbers.:)

Sorry understand now! Why not? it sounds like fun:)

there was a thread the other day about some on the dawn as i said there .

where you have 2000 people in one area there will allway be some dh making bad for all. saw what was on the news new yrs day not to good but any way thats us

there was a thread the other day about some on the dawn as i said there .

where you have 2000 people in one area there will allway be some dh making bad for all. saw what was on the news new yrs day not to good but any way thats us

Cant judge it til you actually experience it for yourself !!!!!! :D

We have been on 2 new years eve cruises in a row and have had nothing but a great time on each. If you have 2000 people in one place maybe you will get a few problems, we personally have not experienced anything bad at all, Some people seem to complain no matter where they are or what they are doing. We would not hesitate to go on another and i think the majority of people that have experienced a new years eve cruise would agree.

we have been on 2 new years eve cruises in a row and have had nothing but a great time on each. If you have 2000 people in one place maybe you will get a few problems, we personally have not experienced anything bad at all, some people seem to complain no matter where they are or what they are doing. We would not hesitate to go on another and i think the majority of people that have experienced a new years eve cruise would agree.

here here !!!!!!!! :p

My best NYE ever was on a cruise. It was the Pride of Hawaii NYE2007 it was spectacular, the food, drinks, the entertainment, the dj's/band everything was just incredible. We partied for 2 days straight!!! NYE on a ship is in my opinion the BEST way to celebrate the beginning of a new year the atmosphere and excitement is one that can not be experienced on land. We never once saw any bad behavior (may be because we were the badly behaved...heheh kidding)

H xx

I am with you Theid NEVER again.:(

Although i did enjoy it there were too many young groups of guys and girls so would not spend my money on another NYE cruise.I would rather go after the new year when i hope it will be a bit quieter, we are thinking either the Rhapsody or the Dawn Princess to NZ in Jan 2010 hopefully sailing from Melbourne less hassle than flying to Sydney.

We are going on the Royal flying doctors charity cruise on 1st april so will get the chance to check out the Rhapsody then.:D

Marg

Archived