Latitudes Question--Help me please, quick!

stevans106

We have booked two cabins for an upcoming cruise. My husband and I in one and our children in the other. Our daughter who is 26 has never cruised before and our son is 15 who has cruised before. Our cabin has been recognized as Bronze level but our children's cabin has not. Does my 15 year old not count as a Latitudes member? I am afraid that this will affect our check-in. Any comments on this matter? Thanks:eek:

We have booked two cabins for an upcoming cruise. My husband and I in one and our children in the other. Our daughter who is 26 has never cruised before and our son is 15 who has cruised before. Our cabin has been recognized as Bronze level but our children's cabin has not. Does my 15 year old not count as a Latitudes member? I am afraid that this will affect our check-in. Any comments on this matter? Thanks:eek:

all the kids and any one else you want can join you on the latitudes check in line. In some cases the regular line will be shorter than the latitudes line. You can chose either line....

Im going to echo what Sid has posted. I have seen both the regular line and the Lattitudes line move faster than the suite check in line. In fact, I think it was when we did the Mexican Riv. cruise out of LA that we commened that the regular line was moving two or three times faster than the suite line.

Where do you see that one cabin is Bronze level Latitudes? I don't see that on my NCL reservation page.

My son, who was 19 on his first NCL cruise received a Latitudes number, and was invited to the captain's latitudes get-together. I would think your children could go on your ticket (and it's not all that interesting anyway.) You can add his latitudes number later if you didn't give it to the TA when you booked.

I see others answered about the lines.

If your son has not been a "full fare" past passenger, then he would not be recognized as a Latitudes member. My 16 year old son has sailed 3 times, but he has always been at the reduced 3rd passenger rate. I don't think they have even issued him a Latitudes number.

As far as check in, if you are paying the bill (or at least for your son), they will allow you all to check in together.

I hope this helps you.

Where do you see that one cabin is Bronze level Latitudes? I don't see that on my NCL reservation page.

My son, who was 19 on his first NCL cruise received a Latitudes number, and was invited to the captain's latitudes get-together. I would think your children could go on your ticket (and it's not all that interesting anyway.) You can add his latitudes number later if you didn't give it to the TA when you booked.

I see others answered about the lines.

The Bronze designation is listed under passenger TYP. I was directed to call the Latitudes phone number if we were incorrectly identified.

If your son has not been a "full fare" past passenger, then he would not be recognized as a Latitudes member. My 16 year old son has sailed 3 times, but he has always been at the reduced 3rd passenger rate. I don't think they have even issued him a Latitudes number.

As far as check in, if you are paying the bill (or at least for your son), they will allow you all to check in together.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks!

what are you actually worried about?

you can still check in together, they aren't going to separate families.

bronze doesn't get that many perks to worry about. (thought some are better then none)

I was afraid that we would be treated differently and I wanted my children to be treated the same for any benefits that were offered. Thanks!

NCL might do some silly things, but this is not one of them. Besides, your latitudes level, at least the bottom ones mean pretty much nothing anyways.

I hope you got your QUICK answer.

I was up way too late last night with posting this question. I am a teacher and I had to go to bed before I read the answers. This was also my first time ever to post on the boards and I did not realize that people really answered that quickly. Sorry! Next time I'll make sure that I can stay up late enough to read the answers on time!

Archived