Major price drop!

tulips*n*truffles

You need to log in to the Princess website first. There are great Alaska specials for Summer 2009.

That figures, we are always upside down on these deals. Took the cruise last year when there weren't any deals.

I have gotten three e-mails from Princess: one on New Year's Eve (two days after we booked an Alaskan cruisetour) for 2-for-1 Alaska cruises, got a great price drop on our cruisetour, the following week a 2-for-1 on Alaskan cruisetours, but no difference in pricing from what we already had, and just two days ago I got another that was 2-for-1 for Alaska, Alaska cruisetours and Europe all combined (still no change in our pricing). My brother and SIL aare joining us in Alaska for the cruise only and did not get any of the e-mails. They are not past Princess passengers but my brother has sailed Carnival in the past. I talked to him yesterday and forwarded the e-mail I had gotten to him and he contacted our TA today. Our TA was able to get him the 2-for-1 pricing, saving him a considerable amount of money for their balcony cabin. They actually had to change cabins because the category they were booked in wasn't part of the promotion(went from a BD to a BA), but for that kind of savings I don't blame him for giving up the cabin next door to us. Instead of being midship on the dolphin deck on the Island they are now midship on the caribe deck and saving lots of money.

After having received the three 2-for-1 promos from Princess, and booking a 7 day Alaska cruise, today I got a super fare offer on 7 day Cribbean cruises from HAL!!! I have never sailed with anyone but Princess, so not sure why I was blessed with this offer from HAL. (Not that I have any intention of booking with them!)

The sale is still going on as of Friday night (1/16). I just booked the Golden Princess Alaska sailing out of Seattle on May 9th. The balcony rate was 634 pp plus about another hundred pp in fees, taxes and port charges. That was about what I paid when I sailed the same itinerary on the NCL Sky in 2002 in an inside cabin.

I couldn't resist. Alaska was my favorite cruise.

The economy must be bad if they are offering these prices.

Now....to try to find a deal on airfare from Memphis to Seattle...ugh......

We received the combined Europe, Alaska, Alaska cruise tours email yesterday the 15th. We are interested in a Baltic cruise this summer. However, we have 2 family weddings that still don't have hard dates selected for this summer too.

I called Princess directly this afternoon the 16th. They informed me that the 2 for 1 pricing was available until Feb 28th. They also said there were not a limited number of cabins for each cruise at that pricing.

So, assuming this is accurate, we have some breathing room before we have to book and take advantage of the very attractive pricing. Now to just get my nephew and niece to nail down the wedding dates....:)

Hope this is helpful. Good luck to all.

Escaper

[quote name='flamomo']Today I got a super fare offer on 7 day Cribbean cruises from HAL!!! I have never sailed with anyone but Princess, so not sure why I was blessed with this offer from HAL.[/quote]

Carnival Corp. owns both Princess and HAL (and others) and thus will share your Princess information with the other brands it owns.

Chances are the passenger number on the HAL brochure is your Princess Captain's Cirlce number.

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']Its not you its Princess, we don't get any e-mails and sporadic snail mail if any at all.
And we have major history with them...go figure.
They probably figure that I will book on my own no matter what they send. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Someone suggested it might be on the "settings" selected for notices or where you think you might like to travel next. We get blasted with mailings (not so much e-mails). Some we just can't do right now. But we still enjoy getting them. It's fun to look and dream. :D

Yesterday I checked Princess website on our Tahiti cruise, and reduction in cabin & taxes/fees was almost $600.00 (enough for deposit on our 2010 cruise). Emailed the info to our travel agent and he's going to re-rate our cruise. I'll keep checking!

Archived