A different formal night dress question

warmwinds

I did this one year, and I was too warm. Could also be that I was warm no matter what during that period of my life, but I now bring things I would wear in the summer instead.

I do bring a sweater or shawl with me but never seem to need it. Maybe this year I will just leave it at home. Save some weight in the suitcase.

Some say they are chilly in the main dining room or theatre, I have never been.

Jan

I thought it was cold in the DR and theater in the Summit last week, but a lightweight wrap was enough. If you ask in the fashion board, you will hear that velvet is an absolute no-no in the Caribbean, even in winter and I tend to agree, especially if it's a long sleeved blouse -- probably too heavy-looking.

Dress on formal nights was all over the place -- from a very few tuxes and extremely formal dresses, to {{{eeew}}} jeans :D, but most people were in the middle: suits or sports coats for men (and not all dark colors either) and dressy skirts/tops or dresses. So if you have lighter weight tops, even if they're not quite as formal, I think you will be dressed just fine. :)

Yep :D, and they take things like velvet & jeans very seriously there :D. quote]

And mascara and body waxing and all kinds of weird things--I was amazed on my one visit! Not the thread for me--I would rather read 1,000,000 questions on "do you need a visa for Turkey" and "how do you get the train to Rome" than suffer through some of the bizarreness I read there~

Cathy

Yep :D, and they take things like velvet & jeans very seriously there :D. quote]

And mascara and body waxing and all kinds of weird things--I was amazed on my one visit! Not the thread for me--I would rather read 1,000,000 questions on "do you need a visa for Turkey" and "how do you get the train to Rome" than suffer through some of the bizarreness I read there~

Cathy

HA..I totally agree. Questions about Brazilian waxes and what color to paint your toenails are fun the first time....but get tired real quick. Give me a hotel rec question or an airline rec any day!

The best question was from a woman that wanted to pack her wedding cake top to celebrate her first anniversay and didn't want to be stopped by security and risk leaving it behind. And no, she wan't going to leave it at home for ANY reason. THey HAD to have the cake on the actual date of the anniversary. No compromises there. Ahhhh if her marriage is only that simple!!!

I did this one year, and I was too warm. Could also be that I was warm no matter what during that period of my life...

Jan

Yeppers, nothing like having to whip out the ol' hand fan... I have 'em in lace, paper, and everything in between.

Oh, sure, I tell people it's a lovely accessory for a lady trying to 'play coy,' but I don't think I'm fooling anyone...

:D :D :D :D

Oh, there is a Fashion board! I'm headed over there now. I'm need all the fashion help I can get, lol! I really do learn something new here every day.

For what its worth, while I do try to dress to "fit in", I also try to remember that I don't really "know" anyone when I travel, less stressful than dressing for say a business event, where good impressions really do matter, if you know what I mean.

Archived