Pearls Beds

seamare

Does anyone know if the Gem's orginal beds the same as 2.0? We were on the Gem last year in the Romance Suite, and the bed was really poor by hotel standards (I know, maybe good by cruise standards, but my back doesn't care about that.) However, once we got the egg crate, it was much better. Somewhat tolerable is how I would rate it.

(PS -- for comparison, we have a Sterns & Fosters mattress at home.)

I ask this because we're booking the Pearl in Nov this year so I'm wondering if it will be the same mattress as the Gem or something better.

Thanks!

What about the fold out couches. Do you need an eggcrate for that?

You will need an eggcrate, pain pills, sleeping meds, etc. LOL>. hate to say it. but I have read some horrible things here on the boards about the sleeper sofa's.

As far as the beds in general, I have to say on the Star, even before 2.0, we thought their beds were some of the most comfortable we had ever slept on ever. We have been back on the Star after 2.0 started, but they were switching out the mattresses as we were getting off the ship. We literally saw the mattresses waiting to be loaded as we were walking off the ship. On the Pearl they had the new mattresses and I was amazed. They were real, honest to goodness, mattresses. Like you would see in any mattress store to buy for your home. They were very good in our opinion.

I will tell you, although you did not ask, what is AMAZING on the Pearl.. and that is their bath towels. They are HUGE and thick. I honestly don't know how a small person or a child uses them. I had trouble using them they are so heavy and huge. One morning just as a joke (I have a crew cut) I wrapped the bath towel around my head like some women do? You know.. to help their hair dry..looks like they have on a turban. It was too funny because when I wrapped it around and went and snapped my head back, like you do, I almost sprained my neck.. LOL.. Doug did not let me live that down for a while.

Archived