Weather in November???

We're looking at the NCL cruise November 22 2009 from Barcelona...Malta, Rome, Nasples, Florence, Cannes. Anyone know what weather we can expect? It's the last cruise in that region for the season, but really the only time we can go. Any comments will be appreciated! Thanks:D

Late November is one of the most difficult times of the year to predict the weather here. Last year (2008) Was colder than usual but we still had some nice sunny days.

Sometimes it is warm enough for short sleeves during the day other times you need a jacket. It is never warm enough for beach or swimming though.

It does tend to get chilly at night and you will need sweaters or jackets for then if you are ashore or on deck.

Average daytime temperatures are around 60-65 degrees and at night around 45-50.

Also bear in mind that daylight hours will be shorter than in the summer (daylight from about 8am to 6pm).

I agree with the previous poster -- it's hard to predict. I took a Med cruise in Nov 2006 and we had excellent, sunny weather throughout the Eastern Med, Rome, and Naples. However, I returned to Rome this year (2008) in November and it was very rainy (although not too cold). You may remember hearing about the floods in Rome and Venice in late Nov/early Dec.

You should probably have decent weather in the more southern ports, maybe less chance of that in Rome, Florence, or Cannes. However, I still think November is a brilliant time to cruise due to the greatly reduced crowds in most places. In fact, I'm planning to take another Med cruise in November of this year...:)

We cruised from Rome to Naples, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Livorno, Villefranche, Toulon and Barcelona in very late Nov. 2007.

While quite chilly at night in Rome (precruise) and Barcelona (post cruise) our days were great !!!!!

No rain, a little morning fog in Dubrovnik, warm days (we sweated a bit in Pompeii) and usually I carried my sweater rather than wearing it while touring.

It is definately a toss up - we were prepared with dollar store rain ponchos (disposable) and small umbrellas but did not use them once. This was also the last cruise of the season for Brilliance and one thing you can't argue with is the prices :eek: We paid $ 899. per person for the highest balcony category midship. This was a 9 night cruise....less than 100./night pp.

Also this time of year the lines, crowds and traffic were much much less. Made for wonderful touring and sightseeing.

We will also travel this time of year again.

We were on the same cruise with Texancruzer (hi Cheryl!) and I would agree with her. We went to Florence from Livorno and that day was cool, probably low to mid-fifities and I needed my light jacket that day. Ir was windy also, whick added to the coolness. Being from New England I didn't think it was so bad, but some I spoke with from Florida were freezing!! It's all relative , I guess.

All in all, we felt it was a great time to cruise and we had a wonderful time. Hope you do as well!

Hi Rala !!!! Havent seen you around in a while..... been on any cruises lately ???? We havent :( but did buy a new house this year :D But I hope to get back to Europe this November. Waiting to see how prices go later on. Take care - Cheryl

Archived