Alaska cruise discount news

funcky

I was able to get 2 rooms a E1 balcony cabin and an inside stateroom on RCCL Radiance of the Seas for less than I paid last year for 1 balcony cabin. This is on the same route, date and ship so yes, they're definitely discounting this summer. Be sure to check for residency discounts and/or senior discounts if they apply.

There are bargains ... but for select sailings only. Ours that we booked many months ago does not qualify! :( Those itineraries that do qualify are not the ones we want ... highlights for us are left out! Oh, well. Those who can take advantage of these two-fers can be happy campers, indeed.

I read about Princess's sale on Cruise Critic, and logged into "My Princess" at their web site a week ago. I hadn't planned on going to Alaska at all this year, but because of the great price ($419/pp plus taxes for an inside on the 5/23 Golden Princess out of Seattle) - I'm a-goin'! :) I could've gotten a balcony for what I paid for on obstructed oceanview on the Coral Princess in 2007 - but the idea was to make this cruise as inexpensive as possible.

Princess is offering some wonderful "2 for 1" deals. I received another email about this yesterday and ended up booking a balcony cabin on the Island Princess in May for an amazingly low rate...It was such a good deal that I could not pass it up.

I read about Princess's sale on Cruise Critic, and logged into "My Princess" at their web site a week ago. I hadn't planned on going to Alaska at all this year, but because of the great price ($419/pp plus taxes for an inside on the 5/23 Golden Princess out of Seattle) - I'm a-goin'! :) I could've gotten a balcony for what I paid for on obstructed oceanview on the Coral Princess in 2007 - but the idea was to make this cruise as inexpensive as possible.

Yeah Nancy! I knew you couldn't stay away. :D

Karen

Judging from what's going on with cruises in other parts of the world, the discounting is going to continue to increase, so watch your specific itinerary for drops. We're seeing discounts in the 75-82% range now, and may head somewhere, anywhere, soon just because I can't pass up a great deal (we may never again be able to afford 2 weeks cruising around South America or the South Pacific).

This board is SO AWESOME!!! Because of CC, I knew to keep checking for price drops. I found one a few weeks ago that saved us $900 for our suite (another $900 for my sister, my parents upgraded from a balcony to a concierge class with no extra charge, and my brother saved a bit on his inside room).

Now I kept checking, and today I found another price drop that saves my sister and I each an additional $1200 and $500 for my parents!

Our Alaska cruise is now cheaper than the Caribbean cruise we took last Easter, and we have a room that's double the size!

Since the Caribbean was our first cruise, and this Alaska one is our second cruise, I'm thinking this could get very addicting. :)

Juli

I was able to get a balcony on the Golden for her first cruise to Alaska in May after being refurbished for 634 pp. That is an awesome price in my opinion. I am really excited to see how she looks after the upgrades (MUTS, Crown Steak House, carpet, etc)

I wish they would upgrade to flat screens in the cabins. They are cheap enough now. Princess? Are you listening? We want interactive flat screens.

But then again, maybe I prefer 634 pp.

I just checked our BC Balcony on the Sea Princess for August out of SFO and we saved $345 on our cabin. I will continue to watch and see if we can get it even lower. It will be my 3rd cruise in 9 months so any money I can save is well worth it. Getting any discount on cruises out of SFO is hard as they are very popular so this was great. Hope my Carnival cruise in April drops here in the next 2 weeks or so before final payment so that I can enjoy another discount. Ain't it great!!

We (us, 2 kids, another couple, our parents, and the friends parents) booked Serenade June 6 out of Vancouver D1 balcony cabins on aft deck 7, and in less than one week we had a $420 per cabin price drop. I had the agent price it out for my grandma who is considering joining us with a lady friend of hers - and her rate for the cabin right next door was $680 per person plus fees. $680!!!! That's insane.

I'm praying that they do a kids sail free - or something like that!!

I am a first time cruiser. I just want to thank everyone who has replied to a couple of questions I had on some other threads and also for responding to this thread. I checked the cruise I had booked on the Celebrity Millennium.The room next to mine was listed for $460.00 less than mine. I gave them a call and they lowered my room $460.00. Can't beat that. I will use that for one of my shore excursions. Everyone who replies on here seems so knowledgeable about cruises.Thanks again.

Archived