seeking FLL 2 day pre cruise hotel recommendations..

CruisinOnWheels

Howdy...

We are seeking comments about the following "short list" of Hotels for our 2 night pre cruise hotel stay December 12-14, 2009:

1. Embassy Suites

2. Crowne Plaza Resort (about 8 miles south of cruise port, on the beach)

3. Hyat pier 66

4. Rvierside Hotel

5. Courtyard by Marriot airport

6. Comfort Suites airport/cruise port

7. Lago Mar Resort

8. The Atlantic

thanks for all your comments, recommendations etc...

Howdy...

We are seeking comments about the following "short list" of Hotels for our 2 night pre cruise hotel stay December 12-14, 2009:

1. Embassy Suites - recently remodeled...t was pretty nice anyway...i checked it out but didn't stay...RIGHT next to (like a block away) from Publix, total wine, lots of restaurants and little shops...there is a CVS across the street....good choice! - you can see ships from some rooms...quick trip to port

2. Crowne Plaza Resort (about 8 miles south of cruise port, on the beach)

3. Hyat pier 66 - close to port...water taxi stop right there...also walking distance (a few blocks...maybe 3-5) from stuff....

4. Rvierside Hotel

5. Courtyard by Marriot airport -great hotel, shuttles to/from airport and to the pier...well organized....downside is, aside from Islamorada Fish co in the bass pro shops next door, and a Subway in the Fishing museum behind the hotel there is nothing to eat....unless you have a rental car. We stayed there last Jan 1 night pre cruise and would stay again. Had their breakfast buffet..i can't remember if it was included in the rate or if they gave it to me due to marriott status, but it was better than most CY breakfasts I have eaten and reasonably priced...We'd stay again

6. Comfort Suites airport/cruise port

7. Lago Mar Resort

8. The Atlantic

thanks for all your comments, recommendations etc...

hope that helps....you can get the sun trolley at the ES and Hyatt.....also nearby is the Hyatt Place (close to ES)...i stayed in one here in NJ...they look JUST like the website....nice option too!

I can really only give you feedback on the Embassy Suites. It has worked out nicely for us twice. The rooms are quite large, it is close to the port and a grocery store as well as retaurants, they have had a cocktail reception both times we have stayed there and the breakfast is a nice way to start the day

The Riverside or the Atlantic might be expensive, but they are in great locations for taking a great walk to see our great city or beachfront area. Personally, I think the Embassy Suites is the best non-waterfront hotel on 17th St. There are lots of things around, but not really a scenic walking area.

Archived