Noisy Couples.

:DOMG! You just cracked me up ROFL!!! I'm pretty sure no one will hear from downstairs but what about the people walking past your room?! You might get an audience. Just kidding. I wouldnt be worried at all it's not real quiet on a ship and you guys wouldnt be the only ones. Get it while you can especially when the kids are kept entertained.

He he have fun!

Liz

if the people in palm court can hear you then the people in cabins either side of you will be deafened by the noise :D you could always take a large box of ear plugs with you and hand them out to the surrounding cabins when the big event happens:D:D:eek::eek: or matbe alert the captian so he can blow the horn to distrace that people away from your noise:D

LOL the dining room is too loud to head anything.. we were below the showlounge (again) and only heard really loud stuff.. if ur that loud I'm concerned someone's getting hurt :p but u can lock the doors so the keys dont work.. my poor sis was left stranded while i was in the shower.. amusing on my end ;)

Jo, I'm in your old cabin. Were you aware of complaints from the dining room?

No, I don't recall any complaints :p

I think the sound proofing is pretty good between decks. I don't recall hearing any noise from the dining room coming up to Dolphin deck.

Make sure you take some duct tape. One of the sets of drawers slid open during the night a couple of times. Made me jump the first time it happened :eek:

I hope you have a fantastic time. We really enjoyed Dolphin deck. I've booked there again, but a few doors further down, for our next cruise.

No, I don't recall any complaints :p

I think the sound proofing is pretty good between decks. I don't recall hearing any noise from the dining room coming up to Dolphin deck.

Make sure you take some duct tape. One of the sets of drawers slid open during the night a couple of times. Made me jump the first time it happened :eek:

I hope you have a fantastic time. We really enjoyed Dolphin deck. I've booked there again, but a few doors further down, for our next cruise.

When you hear the cabin next to yours having fun or as you put it making noise GO FOR IT..make your own noise.

A little known fact is that P&O have allocated 1 cabin per cruise to have fitted the special "sonic boom" package. Both cabins either side have been fitted with "boom boxes" which play non stop Barry Manilow songs.This has the effect of causing the passengers in these rooms to never return for the entire cruise leaving the happy occupants of the "boom room" ample opportunity to make as much noise as they like.Also fitted is a king size round water bed with satin sheets,red lighting and stabiliser fins........just in case

Thanks everyone for making me actually laugh out loud on a very ho hum morning.:D:D I am sure I will break into a smile during the day:) when I recall this thread. Won't be able to explain it to my work colleagues though;). Thanks again

Jane

Thanks everyone for making me actually laugh out loud on a very ho hum morning.:D:D I am sure I will break into a smile during the day:) when I recall this thread. Won't be able to explain it to my work colleagues though;). Thanks again

Jane

I agree. I am just sitting here with my morning cuppa and almost choked on my choc chip cookie because this thread is so funny :D.

If you have a balcony cabin, close the balcony door. The only time we heard any noise on our last cruise was when we had our door open and our neighbours (Hi Deb!!) were on their balcony. We didn't hear them when they were inside their cabin.

To prevent the cabin door from being opened at an inopportune moment, I have heard of someone taking a rubber door stopper and wedging it under the door. :):)

Evon.

:oWhat a naughty question, tut, tut, only an Aussie would ask that, you are talking about choir practice are you not?;):o

Anyway, I will get to the point, my solution to your dilemna..ask for a few of those EGG CRATE MATTRESSES our Americans ask for on Princess CC, I note you are on Pacific Dawn, P&O had better order one in for you, ring Ann Sherry, the CEO. Using the duct tape supplied, put the EGG CRATE MATTRESSES on the walls and ceilings, plus a couple on the prescribed bed, guaranteed to muffle any cabin sounds - singing, callesthenics, crikey the mind boggles. You had better use room service too, you will need some nutrition and do not forget to tip the steward.!

;)

Wow Les...... good idea with the egg crates mattress, ....must remember that one..:eek:.... goodness me, I would be needing a GIANT RASPBERRY FIZZ after all that fun and games!!!..LOL......:D;):D

S&D

drink14.jpg.3b15bdc019d43ccc7841474292d2fedf.jpg

Wow Les...... good idea with the egg crates mattress, ....must remember that one..:eek:.... goodness me, I would be needing a GIANT RASPBERRY FIZZ after all that fun and games!!!..LOL......:D;):D

S&D

Thanks Sandra ripper of a topic eh, must be fair dinkum. How could anyone fib that classic!

Anyway..do you have a cabin number yet? got my fingers crossed for you. Hope you do get an egg crate mattress and rasberry fizzes by the dozen. My wife liked the Rasberry Mohitos on Sun Princess, I did not like the price $AUD10, not sure if I will like buying them for her on Crown Princess @ US$10 ! Me thinks rationed. Have to drink a lot of our BYO Vino with the Aussie Dollar stuffed.

Enjoy your cruise, hope you get a mini suite!

Thanks for the good wishes ,Les..

we have no cabin yet, looks like the 4 of us will be bunking in with our other 4 friends, which will be a tad cosy in an inside cabin.....:eek:;)..

we will see what happens this week..

must tip the others off regarding this thread, it will give them all a laugh....:)

Happy sailing!!!

S&D

redwine_03.jpg.44de3dadf265796fd4c8894eda278b5a.jpg

:oWhat a naughty question, tut, tut, only an Aussie would ask that, you are talking about choir practice are you not?;):o

Anyway, I will get to the point, my solution to your dilemna..ask for a few of those EGG CRATE MATTRESSES our Americans ask for on Princess CC, I note you are on Pacific Dawn, P&O had better order one in for you, ring Ann Sherry, the CEO. Using the duct tape supplied, put the EGG CRATE MATTRESSES on the walls and ceilings, plus a couple on the prescribed bed, guaranteed to muffle any cabin sounds - singing, callesthenics, crikey the mind boggles. You had better use room service too, you will need some nutrition and do not forget to tip the steward.!

;)

After all that work I would just be able to collapse on that bed and sleep....

No more energy:eek:

After all that work I would just be able to collapse on that bed and sleep....

No more energy:eek:

Karon, you need an EGG CRATE MATTRESS as well then. P&O had better order a few in.

But then you may be able to buy an inflatable egg crate mattress and bring it on board with you!

Now will I need one on Crown Princess? As Sgt Schultz used to say 'I know nothing !

Crikey..who started all this? It is out of control and it has hardly started, Walt do not blame me you honorary Queenslander.

WELL SAID! my hubby and I are going on our 25th wedding anniversary, with no children! Having teenagers makes for very little quality time together, if you get my drift, they never go to sleep!. I may never see the outside of the cabin, the way my husband seems to have it organised!:D 25 sleeps till.........:eek:

I'll come to the point. Our cabin is right above the Palm Court restaurant. If we decide to take advantage of the kids being in their clubs, for some alone time, are we likely to be heard by diners if we are too loud?

all i can say is who cares go for it by the time they work out whos cabin it is, they will be to late, so have a good time.

Archived