food on Delta

Louise45

From Delta's website:

Alaska, Hawaii, and International Flights

Complimentary meal service is offered on select Alaska and Hawaii flights based on flight times and on international flights approximately five hours and longer.

From this it sounds likely that they will serve meals (the only question is if they mean length of flight or the time of day of the flight). If, for any reason they don't, I'm sure they'd have food available for purchase.

Ususally if there is a meal on your flight you will see that in your reservation.

About an hour after take off you will get a hot dish (on my last ATL-HNL flight it was rice, carrots and chicken) and a small salad, roll and candy bar. About 1 hour before landing they have another small snack and I think it was turkey on a roll and a bag of carrots.

Delta now only gives free meals on their ATL-HNL direct flights.

Thanks James. We are actually flying out of Charlotte but Atlanta is our connecting flight. I didn't realize there were any airlines that still give you food! They should for the price we paid!

Continental Airlines still gives free meals in all classes on flights during meal times.

Just to confirm what ohioNCLcruiser said -

We took the Delta ATL - HNL flight last Sept (08). We had a lunch (which was "good") and snack ("OK") on the way over. On the return trip (which was "overnight"), we had a meal (again "good") before the crew dimmed the cabin lights and then a "breakfast snack" about an hour before we landed. No charge for any of the meals / snacks or beverages.

Aloha and have a great trip!

Paul in NoVA

We had a fabulous flight & the service was wonderful! We flew Atlanta to Honolulu last September in coach & they gave us way more than enough food, but the attendants were actually friendly & acted like they liked their job...amazing these days. Three movies were offered & the time really went by much faster than I thought it would. Have fun:D

Jan

Archived