Panama City by Bus Tour

arkcruiser

Has anyone taken the Panama City by bus tour? The train ride does not appeal to me as much as the chance to see something of the country. Do you get to see much of Panama City? Is it worth seeing? Is there a lot of walking? If you have taken this tour, I would appreciate hearing of your experiences and evaluation of this tour.

• 2 months later...

Friends of ours took this tour last year and said it was AWFUL! He was born in Panama City and wanted to see some of the "old" neighborhoods. They said it was hours on a bus pretty much looking at run down areas.

I went to the Embera Indians and while it was interesting, my husband , who just relaxed on the ship, said he had a great time just watching the ship go back through the locks a second time. If we do this cruise again we will both stay on the ship!

We are planning to take a tour by Princess called the lights of Panama--a tour of the city that takes place from 5:30 to 9:30 at night. Has anyone done this? Is it worthwhile. Another tour is offered---the canal by night. What about that one? We will be in Puerto Amador for the evening. thanks for any help.:)

We are planning to take a tour by Princess called the lights of Panama--a tour of the city that takes place from 5:30 to 9:30 at night. Has anyone done this? Is it worthwhile. Another tour is offered---the canal by night. What about that one? We will be in Puerto Amador for the evening. thanks for any help.:)

I affraid to say that all places are closed, you will see the Old Panama ruins and some closed places around Panama Colonial (Casco Viejo).

I am living in Panama and I can give you more orientation if you write more about what you like to do or see.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

My favorite: ALBROOK MALL / 15 min. distance from Flamengo

Taxi fare approx.: $3 - $5

A bit expensive for me: MULTICENTRO MALL 20 min. distance (40 min. rush hours)

Brand new and a bit expensive for me: PUNTA PACIFICA MALL 25 min. distance (45 min. rush hours)

Cheaper and a bit dangerous for some tourists: Central Ave / 10 min. distance.

Regular taxi fare from Flamingo to any Mall: $3 - $5 approx.

SET: $10 or more

Good luck,

• 2 weeks later...

wapanda10

Thank you so much for your response. The first mall your mentioned-does it have things made in Panama? As our trip near-these questions I asked I forgot about---now I am thankful for the answers!!:p LindaMae

wapanda10

Thank you so much for your response. The first mall your mentioned-does it have things made in Panama? As our trip near-these questions I asked I forgot about---now I am thankful for the answers!!:p LindaMae

Albrook Mall has not a shop exclusive with things made in Panama, but you can find a bit things made in Panama, also between Albrook Mall and Amador (7 min. approx.) you can find the "Mercado de Artesania" in Balboa from there you can find a lot of things made in Panama. In this case, I recommend you first look around of the shops in Flamingo Plaza, Amador because the visit will give you the possibility to campare prices forward and is possible that you will find things there than you do not will find in the Mercado de Artesania, then take a taxi to the market in Balboa and buy; finally, if you like to know more about Panama you take another taxi to visit the Albrook Mall and the bus station.

Good luck,

you can take an evening trip to Soberania Park to see howler monkeys and sloths.

We did full transit last February and did the lights of Panama City tour. It's OK, there is not a lot of walking. You get the financial district with high skyscrapers, new housing and then the poor section. Some from the ship just grabbed a taxi but I think you would have to be brave.

The ship does not dock, you are tendered and many just went to the shore and was very disappointed as there is very little shopping or things to do other than eat and drink. The city is about a mile or two along the breakwater.

Alan

• 9 months later...

Archived