Shuttle from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale

Pat in NC

We have just booked a cruise on the Explorer for next Oct 23rd! (It departs out of Miami) We can fly into Ft. Lauderdale on Southwest (cheap! cheap!). How inconvenient would it be to travel back and forth between these two cities.

We are planning to go down a day early, rent a car, and spend the day enjoying the Florida coast line, so getting to the Miami port the next morning will be no problem. But what about getting back to Ft. Lauderdale for the flight home?

We are new to the world of cruising, so your help will be greatly appreciated!

Pat in NC

TomPatSprinkle@hotmail.com

We're doing the same thing this Spring. We are flying in early in the AM (the day before our curise) into Ft. Lauderdale (seven of us), and are staying at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay near Port of Miami (good deals available on priceline and hotwire). We've rented a van from budget at FLL and can return it to the Budget desk at the Sheraton (taking taxi/shuttle to the port the next morning).

On disembarkation day, our flight doesn't leave FFL until early evening, so we rented a van from Hertz. They have a desk at the Port and shuttles to take you off-site to your car. That way we have the car for the day and can get to FLL at our liesure.

Someone correct me if I am wrong....but...I believe you can buy a "one-way" RCI bus transfer pass from the Miami port to the FLL airport. We have the reverse situation (basically). We have family flying into Miami but the ship leaves out of FL. They bought the RCI transfers from Miami to FL. (They bought roundtrip but we bought one-way.)

We just did this exact same thing this pat oct 17th, we went on the explorer to the eastern caribbean. We live in san diego so the flight was way cheaper flying into fll than mia. We rented cars from fll and dropped off in mia(airport) and vice versa on the way home. The only bad part was that we had a red eye that landed in fll at 620 am so we were all dead tired, it wasnt much of a pre-day since we just wanted to go to the hotel and sleep. If (when) we do this again i'd try to fly into mia directly or not take a red eye and just do taxis, the price of the rental cars and all the tipping really didn't make the flight that much cheaper. We inquired about the transfers from the ship back to fll and they are $16 per person and $11 to mia.(i think that was one-way) They also have a shore excursion that leaves from the ship, then goes to the everglades for an airboat tour and a wildlife park and drops you off at the fll airport. sounded like fun.;)

We flew into FLL from Long Island this past January. We used Miami-Shuttle to take us to Miami. They charged $65 (plus tip) for 4 of us. They sent a van to pick us up and were on time. Give them a try....

Miami-Shuttle

1-866-224-4197

2359 Pine Tree Drive Suite 24

Miami Beach - Florida 33140

Ph:786-258-6568 - Fax:305-695-8100

E-mail: info@miami-shuttle.com

Archived