Tips to Avoid Laundry Rage on Sun Princess?

Kiwi Kid

I've read about and experienced it on the Sun on a 7 nighter, so am wondering just how I'm going to cope with the laundry on our 12 nighter on Sun Princess! Is there an "ideal" time to go, place to go and do I need to stay during how the whole process?? On the Sun some delightful person decided that their clothes needed drying more than ours, so removed them from the dryer and saved themselves a couple of bucks! :mad: Now if I'd seen them in the process, I'd probably have been locked up and offloaded at the next port of call, as it really riled me.

Any advice would be most welcome. In an ideal world I'd travel with enough clothes for 12 days, but as we are restricted by airlines with regards weight, it's not an option. (As long as they're not weighing us - guaranteed to be a few extra kilos on the return leg!!)

Cheers, Jo

I used the laundry just after our early dinner.

I assumed half the poeple would be eating at late dinner. There was no one else there.

I put my stuff in to wash then went off for a while then came back and put them in a dryer and went off again. It was very quiet so I felt confident leaving it. If it was busy I probably would have stayed.

During a port stop early would probably be another good time, Otherwise just keep checking.

Hi there, we did the 21 nighter to Asia, and boy, were there some unhappy campers at the laundromat....LOL..

best tips...

GET THERE EARLY..very early in the morning, then go have breakfast after...worked for us.

alternatively...go at dinner time, and pick it up later after dinner.

Take some of those dry cleaning sheets sold in packs at the supermarket, they are great, you put them in the drier ONLY, with lightly soiled things such as a shirt or blouse which may of only had a couple of hours wear, brings them up very clean and fresh. We are taking these with us in 2 weeks on our next cruise.

Be very patient if you get there and there is a line up...people tend to get a tad snappy in those lines...:eek:

Wash undies etc each night by hand in the cabin, they dry in the shower, this saves a pile up of small items to be washed.

Have a great cruise...

S&D

111_o2.gif.4e5db1db4698d34766c148a726cf6077.gif

Hi Jo,

I would choose a port day and either come back earlier or leave at midday to hit the laundry. You can also book a cabin within earshot of the laundry ( to see when it's not busy) or locate a laundry on the Sun Princess that is located on a non-sleeping level.You would have a deck plan to locate these.

Enjoy the cruise,

Anna

Archived