Q about Key West and Car Seats

FOURunderFOUR

How about a seat belt safety harness. My SIL brought hers to WDW with them to use on public transportation. I bet your local babies r us or a store like that would have them. They would all fold and fit into a diaper bag.

I got the pictures from a google search on seat belt safety harness for children.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

LOL! ;)

I swear we made that seat popular here. They owe us some royalties or something. :p

Long story short, a couple of years ago we started talking about that seat HERE. I bought the seat for $29.99, we LOVE it for taxis in port. I added the seat to my blog in an article...

http://cruisingwithchildren.blogspot.com/2008/05/transfers-and-car-seats.html

Within a month, they raised the price to $49.99. THEN, the next month $149.99. Now, it's $249.99 :eek::eek::eek:

It is the most outrageous example of price gouging that I have ever seen.

So yes I like the seat. Nooooo I wouldn't pay the price for it anymore. And they don't sell it anywhere in dept stores. You have to get it online.

And Amazon owes us some money. :p

Geesh Florida has lax car seat laws. I never realized how different they are from PA. Here in PA, kids 4-8 must ride in boosters.

My oldest just got out of hers (she is turning 9) :eek:

Same here in CT. Children must ride in an approved safety seat until age 6 and 60 lbs. So if you don't meet the weight requirement by the time your six you have to stay in a seat until you do.

I am NOT a high strung person by nature....I have no clue why I am getting so stressed out about this trip.

We will be in Key West on Sunday and were planning on attending Catholic Mass. We don't like to miss church, even when on vacation, unless it is absolutely unavoidable. We found a church about 2 miles from the port that has compatible mass times. However, two miles is a bit out of our walking range with 5 kids (and a DH who had back surgery less than 6 weeks ago). So here comes the car seat issue again. Does anyone know if Key WEst follows the same car seat rules as Florida - under 3 in a separate car seat, 4 and 5 can use the car's seat belts? I am so NOT looking forward to getting on and off the ship with our car seats, but I guess I don't have many options. Has anyone been in Key West that has other suggestions?

Thanks

J

If I remember correctly, they have something like rickshaws but they are bike driven, that might work for you. I've been to the church in Key West-I believe that it was "Our Lady of the Seas"-it was very nice.

Archived