If I change cruises, do I lose my On Board Credits?

tocanada

In Sept 2007, I booked the Independence transatlantic crossing for April 2009 and am thinking of going on the Voyager transatlantic crossing instead.

I am a Diamond plus member and am currently getting $300 balcony discount, $200 Future Cruise OBC and $200 Shareholder OBC.

If I switch to a balcony cabin on Voyager, do I get the $300 balcony discount but lose the two OBCs?

andrew

In Sept 2007, I booked the Independence transatlantic crossing for April 2009 and am thinking of going on the Voyager transatlantic crossing instead.

I am a Diamond plus member and am currently getting $300 balcony discount, $200 Future Cruise OBC and $200 Shareholder OBC.

If I switch to a balcony cabin on Voyager, do I get the $300 balcony discount but lose the two OBCs?

andrew

You will be falling under the new rules and you have to choose. Sorry.

I am pretty sure that if he keeps the same booking number, then the "date" of the reservation remains the same so he would be grandfathered in.

I also changed (recently) a booking that I made last May while on board the Serenade and the OBC followed with the change (as well as the Diamond Discount, and the C&A coupon).

Maybe I was just lucky . ...

A C&A rep told me that if you change ship and sail date...EVEN IF you keep the same booking number..regardless of whether you booked before 1/1/09 you go by the NEW rules....thus you would have to choose...

of course we all know that if you don't like the 1st answer you get, call back!

that's why i guess i will have to keep bermuda sailing....of course they can always change their minds......

if you ARE told that you have to choose, make sure they note that you are not liking the new rules..

You will be falling under the new rules and you have to choose. Sorry.

I don't think so as he will not be doing a new booking just modifying a current one which shouldn't change as long as he KEEPS his booking number

I used a next cruise to book Serenade for 2010 in December. My mom wants to do a S. Caribbean cruise but if air fares go up like crazy again, we might change it to Voyager so we don't have to fly. When I booked I asked about what would happen if I made changes since I was using a diamond discount, next cruise OBC, and shareholder OBC. I was told that if I made any changes after Jan. 1, I could only keep ONE of the benefits. Hopefully air won't go up so we'll keep the Serenade.

I am pretty sure that if he keeps the same booking number, then the "date" of the reservation remains the same so he would be grandfathered in.

I also changed (recently) a booking that I made last May while on board the Serenade and the OBC followed with the change (as well as the Diamond Discount, and the C&A coupon).

Maybe I was just lucky . ...

No grandfathering...

I don't think so as he will not be doing a new booking just modifying a current one which shouldn't change as long as he KEEPS his booking number

These days are over. Benefits have to be applied to a certain sailing prior to Dec 31, 08. If you change you have to choose.

I just did that.

I booked a cruise in Dec 08 for Aug 09. I had Diamond discount, shareholder benefit OBC, and on-board booking OBC. I called last week to move the cruise forward 2 weeks, same ship, same itinerary, same booking number. The C&A rep was very apologetic and explained that I could not keep all 3 benefits, I had to choose one. So at least in my case, I lost 2 of the benefits.

Bob

Thank you for all your responses.

With all the rule changes, there really does not seem to be much point to book in advance. Virtually all of my cruises have been booked while on board. On one cruise, I actually booked five cruises!

I have 11 more cruises booked (10 on RCCL and 1 on Celebrity) and unless I change any of these, I will (under the existing rules) still be able to combine the various discounts and OBCs.

As a Diamond plus member who usually gets a balcony cabin, I can see no reason to get a Next Cruise booking or book a cruise in advance. Once these 11 bookings are used up, I will probably just book a cruise within 60 days of departure.

I understand RCL's first priority is to its shareholders but I really feel that their recent decisions will adversely affect future bookings.

andrew

Archived