Explorer Docking in Bermuda?

transam84

Hi, We just booked EOS to Bermuda 8/1/2009. We took GS1574 based on a recommendation of my TA, but I'd really like to be on the side of the ship that EOS docks on. Do any of you know if EOS typically docks port or starboard in Bermuda? and If so which side? I can switch sides if I'm on the "wrong" side. Thanks in advance. Laura

Hi, We just booked EOS to Bermuda 8/1/2009. We took GS1574 based on a recommendation of my TA, but I'd really like to be on the side of the ship that EOS docks on. Do any of you know if EOS typically docks port or starboard in Bermuda? and If so which side? I can switch sides if I'm on the "wrong" side. Thanks in advance. Laura

From what I've heard it depends on which captain and what mood they are in. When we went last June it was starboard side towards the dock, but have seen pictures of it the other way. Not sure if there is any way to know for sure prior to arriving in Bermuda.

Laura,

Whatever you decide, my husband and I will be on the same cruise! We driving from Ohio to New Jersey, planning to stay in New York City for a few days in advance. We've usually done the 10-day cruises, so this is a bit shorter and the New York City days will be the bonus.

Darlene

• 3 weeks later...

When we were on Explorer in Bermuda in '07 and when we went in '06 on Empress and I took pictures of Explorer docked in King's Warf, it was both times nose to the tower [starboard]. BUT.. when we cruised to Bermuda on NCL Dawn, i booked starboard to make sure we overlook Bermuda and was shocked when we docked nose out to Ocean, so as many said, you just never know.

From what I've heard it depends on which captain and what mood they are in.

Normally it depends on doing crew lifeboat drills and which ones they're checking. The lifeboats need to be on the open water side so that decides which way they dock.

We cruised Explorer in Oct 07 and docked with port towards the pier. View of the island from starboard side still beautiful though.

Forgot to add, another big plus of seeing the ocean side is the lack of sun - and lack of heat in your cabin, especially if you have a balcony. Noon sun is on island side. Also on ocean side you'll get a nice breeze.

I thought facing the bay WAS the good side. :confused:

And twice we've had an aft cabin, once on Carnival, and once on RCCL, and we were fortunate to have docked port to port, so we were facing south with Bermuda in all its glory, with that magnificent lighthouse in the distance.

Archived