Spin-off question from "table-mates" question

katt1

Who cares about age? We've had all ages and the age of our tablemates isn't what makes them interesting--it's their PERSONALITY! I do have to say that the older folks have more experiences (interesting ones, anyway) under their belts!

Who cares about age? We've had all ages and the age of our tablemates isn't what makes them interesting--it's their PERSONALITY! I do have to say that the older folks have more experiences (interesting ones, anyway) under their belts!

We can second that.

Agreed - I really don't care. Just found it interesting that they would 1) have, and 2) provide that information if someone asked!

(Aprille - a poster said they went to the DR to find out their table location and the ages fo their tablemates.)

All of the pertinent information on every guest is in the ship's computer database - along with the guest's security photo. However, I don't think they would give out age information (or anything else) about a guest unless there was a compelling and above-board (so to speak ;)) reason for doing so.

(Aprille - a poster said they went to the DR to find out their table location and the ages fo their tablemates.)
Really?! I've been able to find out if there are children at our table (never has been) but never thought to ask for the age of the adults and really don't care. We just prefer an all-adult table (no matter the age) since we have no kiddies with us. We've always had a great mix whether younger or older. :cool:

We started cruising together when we were in our late 20s and always requested 55+ for our table mates. We found people our ages talked about their kids and soccer, ballet, baseball, and anything else kid related. We dont have or have ever wanted kids so we found their conversations dull. The seniors always were way more fun and way more interesting.

We started cruising together when we were in our late 20s and always requested 55+ for our table mates. We found people our ages talked about their kids and soccer, ballet, baseball, and anything else kid related. We dont have or have ever wanted kids so we found their conversations dull. The seniors always were way more fun and way more interesting.

You have learned. Even though I had kids (now adults), I really found it boring to hear all the stories about how smart little billy was or how he just scored 70 home runs, etc. Worse was when they whipped out the photos and passed them around so we could all fawn over their offspring. I tried to avoid it like the plague that it is. A lot of parents just need to get a life of their own.

Thankyou. We have always enjoyed our table mates no matter what the age. We are seniors.

Jan

On our last cruise, I went to the diding room to find out what size table we had, the told us that we had a table for 8 with 2 adults and 2 teenagers 12 and 14, which would have been great. We ended up with 2 adults and 2 little girls much younger thna my 2 kids, they were great table mates and we had a wonderful time with them.

You sound exactly like my husband and myself! No kids, don't want, don't want to be with. So... we always ask for a private table, but if we cannot get one, we ask for older couples and an adult-only table as well.

I don't care the age but wish we could find out if they are any fun. We had table mates once that were real prudes...we had to switch tables.

We ended up with a large table, it was Grandma, her two daughters and SIL and two grown GD....they were a hoot. We felt like part of the family. At the end of the week GM presented us with a gift, the picture of the whole table in a frame. :D

I have found, it's not about the age, it's all about the attitude.

When I was about 20 years younger, I took a girls cruise with 3 other girls. We ended up at a table with a couple and their teenage son and pre-teen son.

We we saw the table, we said, "Uh-oh!", but we had such a fun time with all of them! Some of the best table mates ever. We tried out best to embarrass (in a fun way), the teenager by flirting with him constantly. The pre-teen son was extremely intelligent and we enjoyed our conversations with him. The father....., well we ended up calling him Dad. The mother, was just sweet!

We'd see them all around the ship and in port and always enjoyed the interaction.

So.....moral of the story....it "ain't" all about the age!

The maitre D will can look up what ages are at a table. And not that it really matters that much but I have been told on two different cruises the ages of my table mates..... and that was when we were requesting another table, because the one we were at was not going good the first night. the people that wereorigannly at our table wouldnt speak to us at all.... so we asked to be moved to a fun table. the maitre d said that he had another table he could put us at that had one couple in their late 20's. another couple in their 40's and one in their 50's, which is a good mix for us, since I am always cruising with my mother, so her and I get the best of both worlds. we also ask if the group is all one family. We prefer not to sit at a table of 10 with 8 of them being family members...we have not had good experiences there

We always ask for a large table, and we have always had luck. This will be our 10th cruise coming up in a few weeks and I'm sure it will be fine again if not a great time. We've had different match in every possible way. Sometimes, people our age with kids the same age as our kids and from our area. Other times, elderly people and no other kids. I can't figure out how they match table mates but we have always been lucky. Then again, we are easy going, likeable people and my teens can carry a conversation with older people. I actually look forward to meet our table mates on the first night!

~Jo~

Archived