Newbie question - Cruise Ticket Booklet

wannuhcruise

Is the Cruise Ticket Booklet considered to be my "cruise documents" that people talk about? I just want to make sure there's not something else I should be expecting. It also included our luggage tags. (Do they really think I'm going to need SIX luggage tags!?!)

And I should still be doing the online check-in, correct?

Thanks!

Yes, those are your "cruise docs".

I know they send a lot of luggage tags, but I don't mind. It's better to have a couple extra just in case one or two become ripped.

Yes, still do the online check-in. It makes it a little quicker to get checked-in when you arrive at the pier as all of your info is already in the computer.

Have a great time!

Hey, I use all of those luggage tags! :eek: Of course, it's probably because we've either taken a longer cruisetour or because we were able to drive to the port (SF). So with both we needed extra luggage and the one we did have to fly allowed two bags each plus a carry on. :D

wannah,

when did you get them? I'm on the Summit same week and have not recieved them yet. Gettin alil antsy.btw also cruisin with mom and sisters no hubbys : )

They just arrived today and they came straight from Celebrity's offices in FL. I expected to get them from the travel agent, but it's probably more efficient this way. One little problem, though... the documents say we declined the travel insurance, which we didn't. TA's going to straighten that out tomorrow.

The cruise documents themselves have become almost incidental. What is truly imperative is that you check-in online and have a set-sail pass in hand. Celebrity is in the process of making this mandatory, according to what we have been told.

The cruise documents themselves have become almost incidental. What is truly imperative is that you check-in online and have a set-sail pass in hand. Celebrity is in the process of making this mandatory, according to what we have been told.

I figure it's better to have too much of that information printed out than not enough! I'm setting up my mom's information online this weekend, so we'll all be set. Thanks so much!!

BTW Schplinky, thanks so much for all of the information & photos you have on your site about your Century cruise! It's the most comprehensive I've seen. I can't wait until we go!

I figure it's better to have too much of that information printed out than not enough! I'm setting up my mom's information online this weekend, so we'll all be set. Thanks so much!!

BTW Schplinky, thanks so much for all of the information & photos you have on your site about your Century cruise! It's the most comprehensive I've seen. I can't wait until we go!

Thanks!

We really loved that sailing and it is one of the few ships that we wold ever re-sail. Mostly, we're trying to stay open to trying new things but the Century was a wonderful experience.

They just arrived today and they came straight from Celebrity's offices in FL. I expected to get them from the travel agent, but it's probably more efficient this way. One little problem, though... the documents say we declined the travel insurance, which we didn't. TA's going to straighten that out tomorrow.

That is the cruise line's insurance that you declined. You should have received a policy for the one you purchased. Be sure you have a policy if you purchased insurance. It tells you what it covers.

Is the Cruise Ticket Booklet considered to be my "cruise documents" that people talk about? I just want to make sure there's not something else I should be expecting. It also included our luggage tags. (Do they really think I'm going to need SIX luggage tags!?!)

And I should still be doing the online check-in, correct?

Thanks!

Check out cruise diva for new cruisers information. Type cruisediva in Google

Have sailed many times with RCCL and always received a cruise boolet with luggage tags. Nothing so far from Celebrity. I have competed online booking and the Xpress pass so have that in hand. Just wondering how they handle luggage at port if you don;t have the tags.

...Just wondering how they handle luggage at port if you don;t have the tags.

The porters who take your luggage at the pier will have blank luggage tags and a big marker - they also should have a cabin list to tell you your cabin number to put on the tags in case you don't have that info.

Have sailed many times with RCCL and always received a cruise boolet with luggage tags. Nothing so far from Celebrity. I have competed online booking and the Xpress pass so have that in hand. Just wondering how they handle luggage at port if you don;t have the tags.

You still may get hard copy documents, but if not and you get a copy of a luggage tag via e-documents, I suggest you make your own lugggage tags from that one that comes in the e-mail. Your TA is suppose to see that you get luggage tags, but they may not. They will tell you that you can get the tags at dock side and that is true, but things can happen believe me.

PAST CRUISES: 1.Stella Oceanus 1975 South America, 2. Stella Oceanus 1977 Black Sea and Crimean Peninsula. 3. Mermox 1979 Med. Rome,Sicily,and Nice,Malta. 4. SS Freeport to Gulf Mexico. 5.Vistafjord to Caribbean 1981. 6. Sagafjord to Alaska 1983. 7. Stella Solaris to Aegean, Israel and Egypt 1984. 8. Mississippi Queen out of New Orleans. 9. Nantucket Clipper out of Boston 10. Fairsky to Caribbean 1987. 11. Royal Odyssey Med.& Dubrovnik. 12. Carnivalle to Bahamas 1990. 13. Crown Odyssey to Eastern South America 1991. 14.Monarch of the Seas Eastern Caribbean 1995. 15 Royal Odyssey (Old Royal Viking Sea) Panama Canal 1995. 16 Egypt-Nile River Cruise 1996.

17. Splendour of the Seas- Fjords of Norway 1997. 18 Sun Viking –Orient Cruise 1997.

19. Renaissance R-4 Barcelona-Lisbon 1999. 20. Paradise- Caribbean 1999.

21. Millennium to Baltic Capitals 2000. 22. Summit to Caribbean 2001.

23. Constellation –Fjords of Norway 2002. 24.Horizon –Mexico 2003. 25. Infinity to Alaska 2003. 26. Holiday to Mexico 2003. 27. Infinity -South America Cape Horn 2004. 28. Constellation- Transatlantic 2004. 29.Legend of Seas- Western Caribbean 2005.

30. Millennium- Panama Canal 2006. 31. Rhapsody of Seas- Western Caribbean 2006. 32. Constellation- New England/Canada 2006. 33.Millennium-Caribbean 2007. 34.Voyager of the Seas- Caribbean 35.Mercury- South Pacific 2007.

Didn't receive much hard copy docs for recent Solstice cruise. All we really had was Xpress Pass from online check in. No problems.

Make a luggage tag with Ship Name:_________, Sail date:_____________ and cabin number:________ on it and attach to suitcases. Large numbers for cabin number.

Archived