Triumph cancels 3 cruises to Quebec

urbanhawk

So bummed...this was supposed to be our honeymoon.

To the person from Montreal....to me, while the caribbean is nice, it's kind of boring. Quebec was something different. I was looking forward to Quebec City because I've been told it's almost like stepping into Europe. As for the other two ports, we were looking forward to doing some kayaking and the like, seeing whales, etc. Also, although my Fiance says he will go wherever I want, he really doesn't like the beach or the sun. (We live 3 blocks from the beach here and I have to beg him to go with me.)

Now I don't know if we're going to take another cruise, (proably not with Carnival, b/c I chose this specifically for the itinerary, not the cruiseline/ship) go to Quebec on our own, or just do something entirely different and go to a resort or something.

I too was disappointed that the cruise to Quebec was cancelled. We've done the Miracle the last two summers and we were excited to be doing something different. Hopefully we'll be able to get on another ship and still have a great vacation :)

I live in Montreal .It is GREAT in Summer .LOads of FREE festivals all over town ...Jazz Laugh>Fireworks Cinema etc etc etc .Montreal is hard to beat for food Excellent and not expensive and special sites

Old Montreal is a walk in History .LOads of outdoor fun .LOts of cafes and bistros .Safe .Nice atmosphere .Artists everywhere Quebec city is charming

Shopping is GREAT

Why wouldn't people come here ????

Good choice!!!

Michele

I also would LOVE to sail out of Montreal - they're actually planning a 2 billion dollar expansion of the port facilities in order to encourage more cruise traffic. :)

I've never been, but would love to spend a few days prior just mosseying around. And not having to pay for airfare would be much appreciated. :)

Yes I heard they cancelled for 2009 but are supposed to re-do it in 2010,

with a larger 2700 pax vessel.

One problem for Montreal is the larger vessel cannot go there,

about the biggest you can sail under the Quebec bridge is MAASDAM size

or like the old Royal Princess. (there is a air draft restriction) they actually have to sail under the bridge at low tide and also lower their Mast (Antenna)

many times. The larger vessels like RCCL or even Eurodam canot go to montreal.

Bummer that your cruises are cancelled.

We were so upset! We were so looking forward to the June 25 cruise. I only found out because I noticed that Carnival had removed it from their search engine and changed the new iterary(sp?) page. It will be the Carnival Glory in 2010 for these cruises. Our PCP did not know. When we called Carnival to check.........A supervisor claimed that they sent a mass email out on Thursday or Friday to passengers but we never received it. The supervisor didn't care at all. We thought it was funny when they said we could cancel without penalty.

Anyways, we decided to spend a little more and go on the Maasdam since I had my heart set on Quebec City. It also doesn't debark/embark at the same place.

Now we have to deal with Carnival as far as paying us back for airline changes.

Rabbitlady

The person who answered the phone said something about the economy but our PCP and supervisor had no reason. I still saw it being sold on some websites so I guess everyone has not gotten the message. Also, when I saw they had changed it to 4-5 day ones, it had a price on Carnival's website as $800 something but this has changed since........down to 300 something. It does not do the ports the 9 dayer was doing.

Rabbitlady

• 2 weeks later...
Is it just the cruise to Quebec thats cancelled? we are booked to go outta NY in june to St.Johns. wondering if that is still a go or not. :confused: haven't heard anything from carnival. kinda worried now b/c roll call is very very low. hardly ne1 on it.eek. :eek:

looks like those are still listed...check the website and call your TA...just to be sure

Is it just the cruise to Quebec thats cancelled? we are booked to go outta NY in june to St.Johns. wondering if that is still a go or not. :confused: haven't heard anything from carnival. kinda worried now b/c roll call is very very low. hardly ne1 on it.eek. :eek:

I don't think you need to worry about this cruise. As a matter of fact I read somewhere that they are bringing up the Glory, I think in2010, to do this itin as it can hold more passengers and this is a popular run.

We did the 5 day on the Victory in August 2007 and had a great time. Weather was in the 90's and we came back all tanned and relaxed. Great cruise. And at the time a great price too. My current feelings are that Carnival is upping the NYC cruises just a little too much. Compared to 2007, the current prices, while they seem low, are really more. IMHO, more than needed even with the economy factored in. Just my 2 cents, that's all.

In June the weather can be very unstable on this cruise. I myself would still book that time of year if needed and friends of ours did as well. They weren't able to enjoy the Lido deck as much as hoped for though. It can be cloudy and the fog horn blows alot (it did in August as well). I believe that warmer clothes are needed in June as well.

You probably already know this.

For our cruise in August 2007, we brought long, short and capri length pants. Long sleeve, short sleeve and tank tops. It turned out that shorts, tees and even tanks were all that was need in Halifax and St, John. We just got lucky.

Enjoy this cruise and we hope to be going this run again in the next few years. If you have any questions about the itin or any of the great places to visit, especially in Halifax, feel free to ask. It is a great place to spend a day, lots of good stuff.

:)

The Saint John cruises are still on... My roll call is also dead :( I don't think the roll-calls are a good guage for how full a ship is getting... (at least I hope not)

The Saint John cruises are still on... My roll call is also dead :( I don't think the roll-calls are a good guage for how full a ship is getting... (at least I hope not)

In August 2007 there was no real roll call to speak of either

We just booked the Triumph for July on a 5 day Canada! I was wondering where the Quebec cruise went to since I don't see it any more. I hope it does come back in 2010 because my DH and I will go on that one too.

according to my PVP...they are taking reservations for 2010..I already booked...

Archived