Triumph cancels 3 cruises to Quebec

urbanhawk

I just got off the phone with my PVP-he called to let me know that the cruise I had booked for this summer, has been canceled, as well as other 2 sailings; the cruises affected are on the Triumph out of N.Y. going to Quebec in June, July, and August; he did say that Carnival is planning on rescheduling these cruises for summer of 2010. (Not sure if it'll be on the Triumph, or another ship). I wasn't too disappointed-just had my deposit transferred to Miracle's sailing in Dec. to Panama.:D I do feel for the others, who had made plans for the Triumph this summer.

That's too bad. We're booked on Miracle this summer, but DH was thinking about us possibly switching to the Quebec itinerary. We'll certainly think about it again for 2010 if it's offered - I assume it would be aboard Glory, since she's moving to NYC for summer 2010.

Did he mention what Triumph would be doing those dates? Wondering if they will just keep doing 4/5 day cruises to St Johns and Halifax.

Those Quebec cruises were a little pricey and might not have been selling as well as they had hoped.

Those Quebec cruises were a little pricey and might not have been selling as well as they had hoped.
I looked at those cruises as well, but they were quite expensive! :eek:

I'm guessing that with the economy the way it is, that bookings were not very high...! :( We live in Erie, PA and flying to NY is a 'piece of cake', but with the price of the sailing so high, we opted for a sailing out of FL!:D

Did he mention what Triumph would be doing those dates? Wondering if they will just keep doing 4/5 day cruises to St Johns and Halifax.

I didn't think to even ask what the Triumph would be doing....

I think you are right on that-not selling-pricey is right....especially for me traveling alone, and adding in the single supplement-for a 1A at that:eek:

I was very excited when they announced this itinerary, however, I was hoping it was going to be in September. We always cruise with our granddaughter in the summer and she likes to head south so we opted for the Pride this summer. I was planning to do the Quebec thing with my sister in the fall. I was really disappointed on the timing thing. Maybe they'll do it in the fall next year!:p One can hope!!!

I had been excited when Carnival announced the summer trips to Canada because my summer vacation has to be in May BUT there's no way I'm going to Canada if it doesn't include a trip to Prince Edward Island. I thought the itinery on the Quebec trip was terrible - even if it was high.

I was very excited when they announced this itinerary, however, I was hoping it was going to be in September. We always cruise with our granddaughter in the summer and she likes to head south so we opted for the Pride this summer. I was planning to do the Quebec thing with my sister in the fall. I was really disappointed on the timing thing. Maybe they'll do it in the fall next year!:p One can hope!!!

So where we but with the economy and all 2009 is pretty well booked. Besides I have a feeling we are going to fall in love with spirit class ships. A long say in Quebec City, especially on St. Jean Baptiste Day would be perfect. Carnival hint.

Hey there Maryland Lady, did you see Carnival is one of the sponsors for the Polar Bear Plunge?

http://www.plungemd.com/story_carnivalfunfest.shtml

Hey there Maryland Lady, did you see Carnival is one of the sponsors for the Polar Bear Plunge?

http://www.plungemd.com/story_carnivalfunfest.shtml

No, I wasn't aware of that! Polar Bear Plunge is not on my list of "gotta do" things to do!!! :cool: My neighbor usually works at Sandy Point that day and he doesn't go in either!!!! Are you going?

Looks like you are on the Fantasy in a couple of weeks! Lucky you! Have a good cruise!:D

So surprise to read all of you that are interested in coming to Quebec:eek:

I live in Quebec, and believe me, this is the last place I would go on a cruise:eek:

Could you explain to me what made you chose this destination? There's no sandy beaches, or anything like it........

Please tell me what are you lloking for in this cruise???:confused:

I live in Quebec, and believe me, this is the last place I would go on a cruise:eek:

Could you explain to me what made you chose this destination? There's no sandy beaches, or anything like it........

Hi! Don't be surprised! I love Canada!!!

I have cruised to Sydney, Halifax, and St. John, NB several times. I love to do this cruise in the fall because it is so different than going to the Caribbean! My daughter went to Quebec during the winter festival with her high school french class and loved it. I have wanted to go there ever since she told me how nice it was.

My sister and I were planning a road trip up there this past fall, but hotels along the way were expensive and it was a long drive and we were concerned about the gas prices, so we went to Tennessee instead. I'll get there yet!!!

I was actually just up in Montreal not too long ago. My sister and I do a run up to Canada a couple of times a year to go site-seeing and shop. It sounds stupid, but it's a great time if you don't mind the roadtrip. We try to do the tourist thing (Greyline tours in Montreal and Halifax, spent the day at the Hockey Hall of Fame and Yeung Street in Toronto) and if we're lucky catch a hockey game. Montreal is a fantastic city, the history is great if you're a history geek like me.

But really, I think it will just be nice to explore a town in Canada (I'm going to Saint John) and also have a few days to enjoy all that my cruise ship has to offer....

Oh, and everytime there is a thread about a cruise out of NYC being cancelled, my mom (who lurks around here) gets a little nervous - so... Note to Mom: I checked and our cruise is still A-okay!!

No, I wasn't aware of that! Polar Bear Plunge is not on my list of "gotta do" things to do!!! :cool: My neighbor usually works at Sandy Point that day and he doesn't go in either!!!! Are you going?

Looks like you are on the Fantasy in a couple of weeks! Lucky you! Have a good cruise!:D

I usually work weekends but maybe next year. Ain't the water cold. :eek: Great thing about the Fantasy is it's infected with NOLA joie de vivre. Thanks. :)

After I had booked my cruise, and read more and more about Quebec, the more I wanted to visit. My plan was to cancel the cruise,and just fly to Quebec, where I could spend several days, as opposed to just a few hours as a port stop. Carnival did the canceling for me, so looks like I may be flying! :D

ok, I can understand the ones who don't like hot sun or sandy beaches.....

Anyway.......that's why there's so many destinations to choose from to make everybody happy:rolleyes:;)

A few cruises ago we had tablemates from Montreal - they made it sound like a great city to visit with lots of things do see and do. :)

I know how you feel, though - I grew up near Virginia Beach and Williamsburg and they draw tons of tourists but are one of the last places I'd go on vacation because I saw so much of them as a kid.

• Administrators

Glad the OP was able to rebook, and wanted to say thanks for this thread! I've been looking at those cruises out of NYC for the summer, trying to make a back to back work time wise and financially (will be solo on this trip, SO can't get time off work)... and I just couldn't do it, since the later times in June I needed were occupied by the pricy itineraries on the 9 days. That is, until I saw this post and went back to check again! The interim dates which had been scheduled as the cruises within Quebec now appear to be additional sailings of the St. John's/Halifax itineraries on a 4 or 5 day basis -- and that worked great for me!

I now have a hold on B2Bs that work for me and let me have 2445 (a "mecca" of 1A cabins, from all reports!) as well. Appreciate the notice here!

Don't knock down where you live! I absolutely LOVE visting Montreal, and yes, I would take a cruise that ends or begins there!

I grew up in the Caribbean (specifically in Puerto Rico) and I was very used to living in 80-90 degree weather all year long, 10 minutes from the beach, and 45 minutes from the underground river and caverns. I would roll my eyes in elementary school every time that they announced we were going on yet another field trip to Old San Juan and to fly kites at the El Morro grounds.

Living there, I couldn't understand why people would go on vacation there because I under-appreciated what I had growing up. Now that I don't live there anymore, I understand!

On the same token, you may not realize the wonders of where you live. I had never been to Montreal until last summer when I spent a month there. I absolutely fell in love with your city! Don't knock it down!

For us Caribbean people, vacations in Montreal may sound just as appealing as a Caribbean vacation sounds to you! :)

Glad to help re: the thread...........I actually had 2445 booked! From I had read, it's a great cabin-with windows-enjoy :D When I booked Miracle, I'm going witha 1A Guarantee, so I may just be rowing with the slaves, in the lowers bowels of the ship :eek: (unless, I get a visit from the upgrade fairy!)-doesn't matter where I'm on the ship, just as long as I am on it! Smooth sailings!

• Administrators
Glad to help re: the thread...........I actually had 2445 booked! From I had read, it's a great cabin-with windows-enjoy :D When I booked Miracle, I'm going witha 1A Guarantee, so I may just be rowing with the slaves, in the lowers bowels of the ship :eek: (unless, I get a visit from the upgrade fairy!)-doesn't matter where I'm on the ship, just as long as I am on it! Smooth sailings!

And to you, too! And thanks for the cabin! :D

I can't believe this :(. Carnival cancelled my original cruise, which I had a great price on, to make room for one of these quebec cruises. I liked the itinerary, so I booked the cruise -- even though it was a bit on the $$$ side -- with a great aft wrap. Now this? I will be really upset if they now offer my original date and I can't get the pricing I first had. We were really looking forward to this longer cruise, and it had a lot of opportunity for wildlife observation.

Thanks for posting this as my TA hasn't informed me yet.

Archived