Anyone have the details on the Alaska 2 for 1 Sale?

happy cruzer

I think I read a post that indicated it was a promotion by mail or email. Not all past passengers received them - including me :(

I hope it is repeated but maybe someone can give us more details!

I can tell you the promotion code is PLA. I got the e-mails and took advantage of it. My brother and SIL are sailing with us and did not get the e-mail. They have not sailed with Princess before but my brother sailed Carnival 15 years or so ago. I told him to check with our TA and give her the code and she was able to get him the 2 for 1 rate. Saved him a bundle over what he was paying. I don't know if he would have been able to get that rate if our bookings weren't linked though.

I can tell you the promotion code is PLA. I got the e-mails and took advantage of it. My brother and SIL are sailing with us and did not get the e-mail. They have not sailed with Princess before but my brother sailed Carnival 15 years or so ago. I told him to check with our TA and give her the code and she was able to get him the 2 for 1 rate. Saved him a bundle over what he was paying. I don't know if he would have been able to get that rate if our bookings weren't linked though.

This is interesting. I was told by my TA who checked with Princess that the only way we could get this rate for another couple was to book 1 of them in a room with me and another in a room with hubby ( since each of us is eligible for past passenger rate) and then officially switch who is in each cabin when we board the ship.

We booked a cruise as soon as we got that promotion in the mail ... I just this minute checked and if I am signed in to the Princess web site the price that was 2 for 1 when that brochure came out is to the penny the same as I could book it for with no code at all ... as long as I am signed in.

It is, however, not half of the current price of the cruise without signing in. For instance the BB on Sept 6 on the Star is $1,179 (before taxes) without signing in and $704 when I am signed in .. still a savings fo $475 per passenger, but the cruise price is down from $1,409 which was the advertised price when we booked.

This is interesting. I was told by my TA who checked with Princess that the only way we could get this rate for another couple was to book 1 of them in a room with me and another in a room with hubby ( since each of us is eligible for past passenger rate) and then officially switch who is in each cabin when we board the ship.

Your TA is technically correct. This IS the proper way to do it. Some TA's have had some luck with pleading "share the wealth" with Princess.

This was a past guest promo that was sent to SELECT guests. There was no rhyme or reason to why some past guests got it and some didn't. I didn't and tried many times through my TA to get it anyway. I do believe she gave it the old college try but was unsuccessful. This really started to bug me after a while so I called Princess myself, talked to Guest Relations Supervisor and pretty much raised the roof and whined my face off. They finally relented and added the promo to our past guest number and then I called the TA back and got refared. It took me a solid week or more of efforts but in the end it was worth it. We wound up with a substantial deduction, but (and this is probably nitpicky) it was NOT a 2/1 deal as in from the prices showing on the website. It was more a 2/1 from the brochure prices. Either way it was a lot less than we were paying so I'm happy, happy, happy.

And now, after never getting these types of offers, today we received a promo for a sailing for Australia/New Zealand that was pretty good so I guess we're finally on some email listing. Won't be taking advantage of the promo we just got, but still glad to receive it.

I was told the same thing and called back the next day and they didn't even mention it was a problem for our friends. We were even able to use one of our future cruise booking coupons and got them the OBC of $150 that we were entitled to. Great deals to Alaska this next summer and we are definately booked. Now we need to finalize the airfare!

We would have done that if we could have to make it easier but my mom and I are doing a 12 day cruisetour while my brother and SIL are doing just the cruise only so that was not a possibility. At first, when my brother called Princess directly about the promotion he was told that they could not discuss pricing but they could tell him he would not qualify for the promotion. He figured it wouldn't hurt to have our TA try and she was successful in getting the pricing for him.

I don't remember getting an e-mail from Princess about this, but I do see the lower prices when I log-in to "My Princess." I wasn't planning to go to Alaska in 2009, but the prices were so good that I booked a roundtrip on the Golden Princess for May.

Can anyone tell me how to see the 2 for 1 rates online?

I just now updated my pricess account. But it does not show any specials in my princess from me. And when I look at the alaska cruise I am interested in it does not give me a place to enter a discount code.

Any pointers would be appreciated. I am trying to find out what pricing would be for the Sea Princess Sep 1 inside cabin at the 2 for 1 rate from Princess.

Thanks.

I just now updated my pricess account. But it does not show any specials in my princess from me. And when I look at the alaska cruise I am interested in it does not give me a place to enter a discount code.

Any pointers would be appreciated. I am trying to find out what pricing would be for the Sea Princess Sep 1 inside cabin at the 2 for 1 rate from Princess.

Thanks.

I see the 2 for 1 pricing when signed in (at least for our cruise in June) and when I checked the sailing you requested all inside cabins are listed at $899. When I signed out the lowest inside category is $1099 (and it is waitlisted) and all other inside categories are $1199. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

There is no place to enter a discount code. When you log on to my princess, there should be a place on the right that says "my dream deals." Click the link and if you are one of the people that has the offered deal, the information will be listed there. If you don't see the deal you are looking for, then you most likely were not one of the people that got it. Hope this helps.

I cannot remember if I got an email from Princess about the 2-for-1, but when I logged into Princess.com yesterday I had $500 in cruise credits, of which $400 were different promotions. When I checked my saved cruises and updated the prices, the prices went WAY down from the last time I checked, which was 12/26/08. I did receive a letter in the mail that we were selected for a special upgrade to Platinum status if we booked a summer cruise by February 28th. When I called Princess to book, I gave my member number and the CR had the promotion details. I verified the upgrade to Platinum, and because of this we also got the insurance for half price! Thank you Princess!! At these rates we might be able to squeeze in one more cruise this year. :)

In short, sign in to Princess and check cruise prices or your rewards. It's all tied to your member number. If all else fails, call Princess!

Maria

Alaska Sale

I got the email and had been checking various dates for a week. I found that sometimes my Princess screen--always when logged in to my Princess account--would show the sale prices and sometimes would not.:confused: Then the next day the sale fares were there again.

On January 9, I finallly called and booked the family on the July 12, departure of the Star Princess from Seattle. Both the wife and I are Platinum, but the children have never been on Princess. Booked wife and two kids in one cabin and myself and other two kids in the adjoining cabin. We got the sale rate for first two passengers and a $299 rate for the third person in each cabin. :) Also tried to book a cabin for the grandparents who have only sailed on Princess once before and did not get the email. The Princess agent could not get the computer to accept the sale rate for the grandparents on Friday January 9. :( On Monday January 12, the agent called back and had gotten the sale rate for the grandparents too. :D

I had been waiting and watching for the last 3-4 months for Alaska to go on sale.:o This rate made it possible for us to take the entire family.:) From the sounds of what I have been reading on the Boards, apparently lots of people have been booking at the Princess sale rates.

In our family, a Sister and Brother-in-law booked Mexican Riviera in March on the Sapphire at a great rate. A different Sister and Brother-in-law and kids took advantage of the Alaska rates for a May cruise on the Golden.

Happy cruising.

Someone mentioned that their family member was able to get the past passenger rate by being a past passenger on Carnival. Does anyone have anymore details on this?

I am a past Princess passenger, and was able to get this great rate for my family's cabin. My in-laws ant to join us on this cruise, but we haven't been able to get them the same deal (unfortunately my husband is NOT a past passenger otherwise we would have booked him in a their room, and Princess tells me that my children do not qualify for past passenger rates even though they've sailed before -- have to be 18 or older).

My in-laws DID sail on Carnival 25 years ago, and have photos to prove it. In fact, since their luggage had been lost by the airlines, they have many photos of them in full Carnival gear, I have been told.

Any suggestions on how to proceed with Princess or my TA from here would be deeply appreciated, as it is worth about $800-$1000 to us to get them on the past passenger 2 for 1 sale that is currently running.

Archived