When is 10% not 10%?

loungeboy

I have what I hope is a simple question that one of you Silversea vets can answer. I have run this by my travel agent who is either playing dumb, or ....:rolleyes:

I asked for a quote on an Alaska trip this summer.

I get my invoice with everything broken down: trip cost, port charges, air, guestcare insurance, reassurance fee, and ends with the total of all of it.

Great.

Then it shows the 10% deposit due.

Using my rudimentary math skills it becomes apparent that the 10% deposit due does not equal 10% of the total shown above. In fact they differ by a few hundred dollars.

The TA tried to explain that it is because it includes the Reassurance fee which makes no sense. They numbers just don't jive.

Anyone have a clue?:confused:

I am only guessing here - I think the insurance part is due in full + 10% of the cruise fare. Does that add up?

Thanks! Your response helped me figure it out.

The deposit is 10% of the cruise fare plus the total Reassurance fee.

The port charges and the insurance don't seem to be included in the calculation.

I knew I came to the right place.;)

Thanks! Your response helped me figure it out.

The deposit is 10% of the cruise fare plus the total Reassurance fee.

The port charges and the insurance don't seem to be included in the calculation.

I knew I came to the right place.;)

I am glad it got sorted out.

Enjoy your trip!

I agree about the TA but it was kind of my own fault for emailing him at the end of the day on Friday instead of giving him a call. That just led to a hurried response and a "we'll talk on Monday". It wasn't anything urgent and I figured I could figure it out myself.

But yes my partner and I were just having this discussion. We use this travel agent who is tied to our silvery charge card (hint hint) and we find that we have yet to have a great experience with any of the TA's we have used with this service.

Archived