How do you feel about the recent crusie deal....I HATE THEM!

kooljamming

Although a Platinum member anything I sign into on the Princess web site has no discount although have travelled 11 times on longer cruises with Princess.

same with me. only 7 cruises, but still no email or snail mail offers and nothing when i log into the site. *sigh*. i'm glad others are getting deals, but i hate knowing i paid double what they did for the same thing. it'll be okay, i'll at least be cruising!

The end of December a friend came up with a special deal for people who had never cruised Princess before.. a cruise down the Amazon on the Pacific Princess.. The price was right for two weeks and the agent at Princess upgraded us to a BB cabin... Well, I can't tell you how catty the people who are doing back to back are on the cruise..They are the snobbiest people we have ever met on Cruise Critic.. The Princess agent told us we have a very special rate and are talking about upgrading us to a mini-suite..lol They are keeping up their chit-chat on the board before our cruise.. On a small ship it doesn't sound like a pleasant cruise.. thankfully our friends will be with us. You just won't believe how friendly the people on the CC Celebrity Equinox t/a are. and their postings go back to last march when the cruise itinerary and prices were opened.. WILL I BE SORRY...HOW DO THE REST OF YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR FELLOW CRUISERS??

We did not plan to book our 22nd cruise this year as we are trying to sell our house. BUT…..when the deals came thru on Alaska cruises we decided to book our 8th cruise to that destination. What a deal! And because we can drive to Seattle, we save the cost of airline tickets which are very expensive from a small airport like ours. We were also influenced by the offer of being upgraded to Elite status one cruise earlier (this will be our 15th Princess cruise) Just need to find a good cat sitter!

Judith

The end of December a friend came up with a special deal for people who had never cruised Princess before.. a cruise down the Amazon on the Pacific Princess.. The price was right for two weeks and the agent at Princess upgraded us to a BB cabin... Well, I can't tell you how catty the people who are doing back to back are on the cruise..They are the snobbiest people we have ever met on Cruise Critic.. The Princess agent told us we have a very special rate and are talking about upgrading us to a mini-suite..lol They are keeping up their chit-chat on the board before our cruise.. On a small ship it doesn't sound like a pleasant cruise.. thankfully our friends will be with us. You just won't believe how friendly the people on the CC Celebrity Equinox t/a are. and their postings go back to last march when the cruise itinerary and prices were opened.. WILL I BE SORRY...HOW DO THE REST OF YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR FELLOW CRUISERS??

I've only cruised Princess twice. The first roll call was o.k., but it died right after the cruise. The meet and greet for that cruise was, again, o.k. The second roll call has some really great people who are still posting. We did have a nice meet and greet the first day and again at tea on the first sea day. Though some didn't show up for either roll call, it was nice to run into others I met, on the ship and in the ports. My current roll call is very slow and doesn't have many 'chatty' posters. It, however, might pick up as sail date approaches. We've had roll calls for Royal Caribbean and NCL that varied from o.k. to great. My other cruises were before I found Cruise Critic so I really have nothing to compare from those. It's always fun to sail with friends, so I'm sure you'll have a good time regardless.

I've only cruised Princess twice. The first roll call was o.k., but it died right after the cruise. The meet and greet for that cruise was, again, o.k. The second roll call has some really great people who are still posting. We did have a nice meet and greet the first day and again at tea on the first sea day. Though some didn't show up for either roll call, it was nice to run into others I met, on the ship and in the ports. My current roll call is very slow and doesn't have many 'chatty' posters. It, however, might pick up as sail date approaches. We've had roll calls for Royal Caribbean and NCL that varied from o.k. to great. My other cruises were before I found Cruise Critic so I really have nothing to compare from those. It's always fun to sail with friends, so I'm sure you'll have a good time regardless.
\\

It seems that many cruisers are addicted to trans-atlantics and in November this will be the second time with many in this group, many of us stayed at the same hotel in Barcelona.. toured privately..also this was a tad bigger ship.. but this the Pacific Princess is much, smaller.one woman thinks Celebrity is "stuffy'...if she only knew about the Martini parties..lol Our first t/a was a RCI and when I told people I had cruised NCL you would of thought we had the plague... but meanwhile we had a lovely balcony cabin.. they were in the bowels of the ship..lol.. Oh well, I'm sure our friends from S.F. and o urselves will party by ourselves..lol Parrot Mom and Parrot Pop...make their own good fun..

:confused: I guess we are still on the same topic if they liked the deal they got...perhaps?

I myself must remember never to mention price paid for cruise,not to get involved. I have just read your roll call and it seems to about pricing.

I have made this mistake in the past,certain many of us had.Now once final payment is made will just sit back look forward to my cruise and enjoy it.

Have been the organizer for 'Meet and Greet' on board if you work hard at keeping people together it does work out. I organized a 'Thanksgiving Dinner and a couple of 'Afternoon Teas' we had good turnouts.You have to be prepared to work at it though.........

I myself must remember never to mention price paid for cruise,not to get involved. I have just read your roll call and it seems to about pricing.

I have made this mistake in the past,certain many of us had.Now once final payment is made will just sit back look forward to my cruise and enjoy it.

Have been the organizer for 'Meet and Greet' on board if you work hard at keeping people together it does work out. I organized a 'Thanksgiving Dinner and a couple of 'Afternoon Teas' we had good turnouts.You have to be prepared to work at it though.........

With all due respect, but I was sincerely hoping to get a feel from passengers who were able to take advantage of the special deals being advertised. I couldn't resist so I might be doing Alaska after reading about the summer fares. The deposit was only $100 each for the first 2 pax.

Two days after we got off the Emerald New Years Eve cruise we had already spent out FCCs on an Alaska Cruise in May. We had originally booked on Celebrity in Sept, but knew in our hearts that most likely we would have to cancel as it was $1499 pp plus airfare to Seattle.

Having all of my family in Seattle gives us extra incentive to do a cruise from this port.

We found BB balcony cabins on the Star in May for $654pp plus TA gave OBC of $75. We found airfare for $200 pp, so we are now taking the cruise that we thought we would have to cancel for $1700 (only $200 more total than one persons part of the Celebrity cruise).

We could not pass this up and are very sad that my family has been hit so hard by the current economy that they can't join us. However, we will get to see them for 2 days before and after the cruise.

I have found that you need to check the Princess site almost daily to keep up with the rates. We origionally booked our upcoming Rome to London cruise last March. We were thinking about cancelling it due to losses in the stock market. However, in December the prices came down substantially and we were able to get the reduced rate. A couple of weeks later we learned (thanks to Cruise Critic) that the prices had come down again and we were again able to reduce our fare. Our AD mini is now 1/2 the fare of our original booking. However, a week later the fare had gone back up to the December fare. When I checked yesterday, this had not changed. However today, the fare is down again, but only on category AC minis. Everything appears to be very fluid at this time.

On a past cruise one of our group got that "special pricing" when she signed onto Princess, several of us did not. I called both Princess AND our booking TA and raised a little "heck." We were given the discounted rates (ALL of us).

If you don't see 'em I sure would make some calls.

We were determined this would be our cruising year off. The deals kept showing up and making me nuts. Wanda (wife) just does not want to take the time this year but I'm booked (as of last week).

Sapphire Vancouver-Whittier-Vancouver May 16-30, Inside cabin WITH the singles supplement: $1222.00 port and tax.

Yes, I think these prices are going to be around for awhile. The economy is down and the ship space is up, way up.

Also, Marilyn (above) mentioned an air deal.....Oakland-Seattle R/T was $115.00

Chuck

It seems that I've run into a few of the same people who love to cruise Celebrity t/a and one of them is so active on the board that Bob.. lists hotels, passenger and their pictures, etc. etc. It really is a friendly group and several have known each other from other cruises and they are the most down to earth people.. I do thank the people on the CC Boards who share information about guides, hotels, and private tours.. Through my fellow cruisers I've been able to get the best guide/driver in Barcelona and Hotel which I've shared with other cruisers.. it's been my way to pay back.. For the heck of it go to Celebrity. Exquinox 11/5/09 and hit BOB. and see all the work he and several others do. One lists excursions, hotels and restaurants..they are an amazing, friendly and welcoming group.. As a matter of fact just before we go we print off the list and can often place faces with names.. Last year on the Constellation of Sept 9th we had TWO very well attended CC meetings and serveral t the Martini bar..lol

We have been able to book the August 20, 2009 12 night Grand Med for our family of four, mini-suite for the four of us is $6414.00. This same cabin two years ago and last year when I looked was over $13000.00 so this is more than two for one. I jumped on it right away because we could never have afforded it otherwise. This is less than an inside room would have been under normal circumstances. At the same time I was able to burn my Northworst airmiles for free tickets for the four of us before they increased awards to Europe on Jan. 15th as part of the "new and improved" Delta merger. While it will still be expensive, it was a now or never type of deal for us to do with our family so we are making the necessary sacrifices to make it happen.

Although a Platinum member anything I sign into on the Princess web site has no discount although have travelled 11 times on longer cruises with Princess.

I'm only a first time cruiser and I do check the princess website out of interest, but the prices shown still, are the prices we paid!!!! But then being a Brit in Spain, I didn't expect any emails, nor any price drops!!! Being Brits, we are used to paying a price, and that is it....if it goes up we pay no more.....if it goes down, well that's our bad luck!!! We were happy with the price when we booked.

I am sooo pleased though that there are the deals on and that people are able to take advantage of them:)

Just curious. What is the consensus? Overall, do we think cruise prices will go down or up? The economy has not showed any signs of picking up. However, if people are booking the ships, prices will remain as they always have. Any thoughts?

Think they are heading down. Leisure travel is discretionary and unemployment rolls are rising. Never seen deals for peak winter travel like this. Loving it! I suspect it will continue into the summer. Only concern is airfare going up due to cancelled routes. I know the resorts in Cancun are hurting bad. Suspect the same all over. Happy travels!

Procrastination is our new last name. We are from N.Y. We have enough frequent flyer miles for a round trip to L.A. Love crusing! Found great prices for Princess Sapphire, 2/14 (school break). We have 3 kids but for the first time are only vacationing with 1 and a friend. This was supposed to be our cheapest vacation ever (2 less kids, no boarding fees for 2 dogs, no parking fees at airport, etc.) Watched prices go up and down for weeks. Girls only need an inside and we wanted a balcony. When the inside went up from $419 to almost $700 and then back down to $400+ we grabbed it and were going to pay the $800+ for our balcony which started at $619. Booked the inside and ... nothing left but mini suites! We don't need a mini suite! We don't care about a mini suite! So, did we pay double from what we could have or did we take the loss and give up the money we paid for the inside cabin...Happy 50th birthday presents for me and the husband!

Procrastination is our new last name. We are from N.Y. We have enough frequent flyer miles for a round trip to L.A. Love crusing! Found great prices for Princess Sapphire, 2/14 (school break). We have 3 kids but for the first time are only vacationing with 1 and a friend. This was supposed to be our cheapest vacation ever (2 less kids, no boarding fees for 2 dogs, no parking fees at airport, etc.) Watched prices go up and down for weeks. Girls only need an inside and we wanted a balcony. When the inside went up from $419 to almost $700 and then back down to $400+ we grabbed it and were going to pay the $800+ for our balcony which started at $619. Booked the inside and ... nothing left but mini suites! We don't need a mini suite! We don't care about a mini suite! So, did we pay double from what we could have or did we take the loss and give up the money we paid for the inside cabin...Happy 50th birthday presents for me and the husband!

We are booked on this cruise. Grandma is watching the kids, so we'll enjoy our first adult vacation, celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and renew our vows. The pricing on this cruise was all over the place. There is a meet and greet on Feb. 14, Outrigger bar on Saturday @ 4 after the muster drill.

I am on this sight all the time but this is only my 3rd or 4th correspondence. (I read all the reviews and everything I can find about the ships and ports). I don't really know what the meet and greet is all about. Isn't it just for you guys who correspond regularly?

Well, out of interest, I just went onto the princess website, and my cruise has actually RISEN by 200€ since we booked it:eek:, presumably due to the exchange rate between the $ and the €. Think I will be contacting my TA for some ruling on this. Also when we booked the fuel supplement was added, now it isn't being, and I hope we are getting OBC for that........:confused:

I am on this sight all the time but this is only my 3rd or 4th correspondence. (I read all the reviews and everything I can find about the ships and ports). I don't really know what the meet and greet is all about. Isn't it just for you guys who correspond regularly?

There is a roll call section on the board. Passengers sailing declare their excitement and other information about their upcoming trip. A time is usually set up for some to meet, share a drink and say hi.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=811623&page=17

link to the last page

I just booked the 8/30 sailing to Alaska on the Star today. We got such a great deal I didn't want to wait and possibly lose it. We are getting a mini-suite in the AB category for $949 plus an upgrade to Platinum status. There was also an additional $100 discount so I feel I got an outstanding deal. I had to call Princess to use the Future Cruise Deposit because their website didn't give me the option, but the CR was very helpful. When we planned to book this cruise last September it was more than double this price and we were actually considering an oceanview room rather than a mini-suite. Even some the cruise discounters I checked with this morning couldn't beat this price, which is why I booked directly with Princess. We are celebrating our 10th anniversary so these deals could not have come at a better time!

I'm only a first time cruiser and I do check the princess website out of interest, but the prices shown still, are the prices we paid!!!! But then being a Brit in Spain, I didn't expect any emails, nor any price drops!!! Being Brits, we are used to paying a price, and that is it....if it goes up we pay no more.....if it goes down, well that's our bad luck!!! We were happy with the price when we booked.

I am sooo pleased though that there are the deals on and that people are able to take advantage of them:)

Didnot understand why you pointed this message to me?:confused:

Didnot understand why you pointed this message to me?:confused:

I think just to you guys are in the same boat, not getting the email with the special offer.:)

Archived