Hotels Recommendations at Airport in Paris

mjldvlks

We are flying back to the U.S. from Charles DeGaulle Airport in Paris after our T.A. on Indy in April. Does anyone have a recommendation of a reasonably priced hotel near the airport? Thanks so much!! Mary

I am assuming that when you arrive in Southampton on the 25th, you will fly to CDG, and then fly home from CDG the next day. I guess you do not have time to be staying overnight in Paris proper--what a pity. April in Paris is all it is cracked up to be.

If you Google hotels near CDG, you will find the first link will net you a list of hotels, almost all of which you've heard of. You can take a quick skate around some of their websites to see the room rates.

Have a fantastic crossing!

Leslie

We have stayed at the Sheraton hotel inside Charles de Gaulle Airport. We were able to drive up....check in........drive the rental car to the return area.......and be back in the hotel within minutes.

We loved the fact that we could jump on a train......at the bottom of the Hotel.........and within minutes we were in the center of Paris.

When we were ready to head for the terminal......the Sheraton personnel got our bags to the right airline.

I'm sure that there are less expensive hotels in the area........but it's hard to beat the Sharaton Paris Airport for convenience.

Rick

We have stayed at the Sheraton hotel inside Charles de Gaulle Airport. We were able to drive up....check in........drive the rental car to the return area.......and be back in the hotel within minutes.

We loved the fact that we could jump on a train......at the bottom of the Hotel.........and within minutes we were in the center of Paris.

When we were ready to head for the terminal......the Sheraton personnel got our bags to the right airline.

I'm sure that there are less expensive hotels in the area........but it's hard to beat the Sharaton Paris Airport for convenience.

Rick

Thanks, Rick! I'll check it out, as Bill & I will be with Mary & Dennis for this trip. I know you and Bobbie will be "cruised-out" by the time our TA leaves (for sure, Bobbie ;) ), but the prices are dirt cheap and we'd love to have you two join us! :D ~ L

BTW, Leslie, we're actually taking a ferry to Normandy, for our own version of the Normandy Invasion (to let the "boys" visit all the WWII sites), and then spending a couple of days in Paris (to let the "girls" have some good "Paris-time"), afterwards.

Always check Tripadvisor.com for noncruise related matter--you get tons of actual reviews of places anywhere you need to go. There are 2000+ lodging choices in Paris. What time are you leaving the following day?--it may be worth it to just take the Metro from CDG and see some of Paris. There are 7 airport hotels listed at TA--none too exciting, but then again, Paris hotels are VERY expensive and not up to par with American-style hotels.

Thanks, Rick! I'll check it out, as Bill & I will be with Mary & Dennis for this trip. I know you and Bobbie will be "cruised-out" by the time our TA leaves (for sure, Bobbie ;) ), but the prices are dirt cheap and we'd love to have you two join us! :D ~ L

BTW, Leslie, we're actually taking a ferry to Normandy, for our own version of the Normandy Invasion (to let the "boys" visit all the WWII sites), and then spending a couple of days in Paris (to let the "girls" have some good "Paris-time"), afterwards.

Hi Lorna,

It's not that we would be "cruised out"..........it's that the real estate market is my key to travel, and in this economic downturn......we may be cancelling our Navigator TA in April.

On the other hand........if we get a home run in the next week.....that we are working on..........what ship are you on????:)

Rick

Hi Lorna,

It's not that we would be "cruised out"..........it's that the real estate market is my key to travel, and in this economic downturn......we may be cancelling our Navigator TA in April.

On the other hand........if we get a home run in the next week.....that we are working on..........what ship are you on????:)

Rick

Hi Rick!! Thanks to you and everyone for the great recommendations. I actually ran across an incredible hotel (Grand Hotel Marcais) by the subway but a little off the tourist areas and trip advisor reviews rave about it, including the breakfast that is included. (Croissants here we come!!) It was a great deal so I think we are going to spring for that.

We'll be on the Independence from Ft. Lauderdale to Southhampton Rick - April 12th. We plan to take the ferry across to Cherbourg and tour the Normandy area for a couple of days - then take the train to Paris for 2 nights, 1 day, then fly out. We are really getting excited.

Hope you have a wonderful time when you join Bobbie and the rest of the crew on the mariner. Take care. Mary

I was going to suggest the Courtyard marriott. Free shuttle to and from airport, good food, and good rooms. If u r a marriott rewards member u could use points to book. I also stay at the Hilton CDG all the time, more money because it's right at airport, but decent resturaunt, and nice room. Again, if you r a HHonors members u could use points.

Hi Rick!! Thanks to you and everyone for the great recommendations. I actually ran across an incredible hotel (Grand Hotel Marcais) by the subway but a little off the tourist areas and trip advisor reviews rave about it, including the breakfast that is included. (Croissants here we come!!) It was a great deal so I think we are going to spring for that.

We'll be on the Independence from Ft. Lauderdale to Southhampton Rick - April 12th. We plan to take the ferry across to Cherbourg and tour the Normandy area for a couple of days - then take the train to Paris for 2 nights, 1 day, then fly out. We are really getting excited.

Hope you have a wonderful time when you join Bobbie and the rest of the crew on the mariner. Take care. Mary

Mary!

So you ARE staying in Paris for two nights! Excellent for you! (Why did you ask for a hotel near the airport?)

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

Thank you guys so much for the wonderful replies!! We were going to stay at the airport, but I was going through hotels last night and ran across this one with the incredible reviews - and Orbitz has it for $132/night! So once I saw the reviews, being able to stay in Paris and experience it more first hand, changed my mind. :) (The free breakfast with 15 delicious items also had something to do with it!! ha.ha.) Thanks so much again!! Mary

We were in Paris this summer prior to our Indy cruise.

CDG isn't that far out of central Paris, and I certainly wouldn't "waste" a night in Paris staying at the airport. You can arrange for a van to the airport that is not that expensive through your concierge.

Agree with the recommendation of the Marriott (assume you mean the one on the Champs d'Elysee)? It was in a great location.

Enjoy -you'll have a fabulous time!

Archived