Just back from the Ruby 1/17-1/24

Hippygirl23

Hey Everyone, just back today from a week on the Ruby. I will post a full review in a few days, but if anyone has any questions at all just ask. This was my 3rd Princess cruise, the ship was gorgeous, service was excellent and we had a great time at the ports. I didnt want to go back home..as always. :rolleyes:

We want to go on a cruise where we never want to return...just as you. The last tme, was on an old ship, in a different time. and NCWhat separates Princess from RCCL, Carnival and NCL in your mind??? We are down to two cruises in April. The Ruby Princess, and the Celebrity Summit to the southern Caribbean. We are having a difficult time choosing. The Ruby does Ocho Rios, Georgetown, and Cozumel. The Celebrity Summit does Dominica, Grenada, Barbados and Tobago...The iten is better on Celeb, but the ship seems better on Princess...WHAT A DECISION....???????????????

We are also just home from the Ruby, and I have to agree with Hippygirl, it was a great week. Service, particularly in anytime dining, was better than our last Princess cruise on the Crown. Ship is lovely, entertainment was good to very good, food was good but the portions were smaller than we remember so there is clearly a cutback there. Anyway, I'll write more later and also will be glad to answer any specific questions.

We are also just home from the Ruby, and I have to agree with Hippygirl, it was a great week. Service, particularly in anytime dining, was better than our last Princess cruise on the Crown. Ship is lovely, entertainment was good to very good, food was good but the portions were smaller than we remember so there is clearly a cutback there. Anyway, I'll write more later and also will be glad to answer any specific questions.

You should have asked for more, they'll bring you another dinner if you want!!!

Happy to hear you had a great time and the ship was great! We are sailing on February 7 on the Ruby. Is there Wi-FI access in any common areas? Did you use it or hear if it worked well?:D

Yes, there is Wi-Fi in all the staterooms and public areas. We brought our laptop and the signal was good all cruise, and it was very easy to log in and buy minutes or a package of minutes.

You should have asked for more, they'll bring you another dinner if you want!!!

Thanks for the tip, we do know that but others may not. This wasn't really a complaint, more an observation, we certainly had plenty of very good food and we hardly went hungry! As I said, service in anytime dining was the best we've had since that policy was introduced. Our waiter would gladly have brought us another, but it does take a few minutes for it to arrive and often others at the table are finished. Prime rib night, the 1st night, was the only time it bothered us.

We want to go on a cruise where we never want to return...just as you. The last tme, was on an old ship, in a different time. and NCWhat separates Princess from RCCL, Carnival and NCL in your mind??? We are down to two cruises in April. The Ruby Princess, and the Celebrity Summit to the southern Caribbean. We are having a difficult time choosing. The Ruby does Ocho Rios, Georgetown, and Cozumel. The Celebrity Summit does Dominica, Grenada, Barbados and Tobago...The iten is better on Celeb, but the ship seems better on Princess...WHAT A DECISION....???????????????

We did the Southern Caribbean cruise on Princess a couple of years ago and on Celebrity Summit last year.

We enjoyed the Princess cruise more but it could have been because that was our first time doing the southern caribbean itinerary. But we also liked the personal choice dining better than having a set table and set dining time like we did on the Summit.

It could be a tough decision but it will be a fun decision which ever cruise you pick!!! They are all good in my opinion. Who doesn't like have a cook and maid for a whole week. :)

Archived