Pirate Museum in Nassau

tinkandpan

I was thinking of doing this the day we are in Nassau and then just hanging out on the boat- Atlantis seems overbooked and I can't get passes unless I go through the ship. Anyway, is the museum scary or is it more informational? Reason I ask is I have a 3 yr old dd who doesn't love scary looking men but I have a ds7 who would love this. Thank you.

I did this with my three kids (8,6,5) about a year ago. The man who greeted us out front in full pirate costume was great about playing the role of the pirate and my 4 yo was not too thrilled until he bent down and in his normal voice said "It's OK, I'm just pretending." Pretending was something she understood and then she was fine.

Inside there was one diorama with some "scary" lightning and wind sound effects that two of the kids didn't like. We just walked on.

When you are done going through the museum, you end up in a courtyard with several tables and areas to take photos. Two of the canons point out over the entrance and the kids loved pulling the ropes and setting off the sound effects. There were very few people in the museum (it was early in the day) and the pirate greeter kept pretending that he was being shot. It was a great time. I finally had to drag them all away.

I have done the museum twice. I would not recommend the little one, it is kinda dark throughout and in one area there is a dark room and a pirate usually is hiding in the room and jumps out at you soo...that being said prob would not take the 3 yr old.

Archived