can we??

deeolasingh

I just got thru reading the everything you need to know about cruising ncl thread and I read that you can carry on water and soda is this so... I just called NCL and they said no beverages of any kind allowed on. Im kinda confused and I need to know cause Im traveling with the children this time and I prefer them to drink bottle water or juice could someone please fill me in on this......:confused:

I just got thru reading the everything you need to know about cruising ncl thread and I read that you can carry on water and soda is this so... I just called NCL and they said no beverages of any kind allowed on. Im kinda confused and I need to know cause Im traveling with the children this time and I prefer them to drink bottle water or juice could someone please fill me in on this......:confused:

NCL's official policy is that no drinks of any kind can be taken onboard. If you call and ask them. that is what they will tell you. However as long as they are sealed soda's or bottles of water we here on the boards have never known NCL to prevent you from taking a reasonable amount with you. IE. a 12 pack or two of soda or a case of bottled water. etc.

Just an FYI though.. I am VERY picky about drinking water.. Almost always drink bottled. In fact here in our home we drink bottled water even though we have filtered water. The water on NCL's ships is very very good drinking water.

As far as juice, it is only offered at no charge in the mornings during breakfast dining hours. Otherwise, you will have to pay for it.

No ice or glass either.

If checking a bag or cooler with beverages PLEASE remember to place anything you bring inside large ziplock bags so in the event of a leak you won't ruin your suitcase or those of the people below yours.

We just fill a rolling soft sided cooler with water/soda/juice pouches and roll it on as our carryon. Works great for port days as we take our own drinks on shore excursions.

In the details of your contract with NCL, there is no prohibition of bringing on water or soda. Since NCL is a Coca Cola line, many prefer other brands and so bringing soda onboard is very common. If you bring a small cooler, your cabin stewards will keep ice in it if you ask them to.

yes you can carry it on, I don't know why they tell everyone that??? AS for the bottled water, the water on the ship is very good, what we do is bring a few bottles with us and then fill them from the tap. Beleive me it is as good as what you are bringing on and so much easier. You can't bring the water on the plane so you will need to ship it through or stop at a store, plus it is heavy and ackward. As for juice, what many do is bring Crystal light on and mix it with water or get a few glasses of juice from the buffet at breakfast and take to the cabin. Another option, buy these things in port..

Nita

When I called and told them I had to have Pepsi Caffeine Free, they said I had to have a note from my MD. I worked for an MD an he wrote me a note but they never asked for it and never questioned bringing it on.

When I called and told them I had to have Pepsi Caffeine Free, they said I had to have a note from my MD. I worked for an MD an he wrote me a note but they never asked for it and never questioned bringing it on.

Of course they didn't ask you for it! That, so far, is the dumbest thing I've ever heard an NCL rep. saying. Thanks for the laugh.

We don't really drink much soda, but I drink alot of water. Call me crazy, but, I bring a 4-cup Brita pitcher with me when I cruise. I load up all my loose items (extention cord, scope patch, hi-lighters, batteries, etc) in the pitcher and pack in the suitcase.

I use the water just to drink and also to make coffee in the cabin. ;)

yes you can carry it on, I don't know why they tell everyone that??? AS for the bottled water, the water on the ship is very good, what we do is bring a few bottles with us and then fill them from the tap. Beleive me it is as good as what you are bringing on and so much easier. You can't bring the water on the plane so you will need to ship it through or stop at a store, plus it is heavy and ackward. As for juice, what many do is bring Crystal light on and mix it with water or get a few glasses of juice from the buffet at breakfast and take to the cabin. Another option, buy these things in port..

Nita

thanks for the info I will taking some juice for the kids in a collapsable cooler.. and some water something about cruise water that makes me swell.... thanks again and the plus side is that we dont have to fly we live 1.5 hours away....

Archived