Fun4All versus The Nation of Why Not

BecciBoo

O.K. get ready for the shock of your life...this RCI cheerleader is cheering for Carnival!:eek:

That's right...although silent about it, I never liked the new brand for RCI and now after seeing the new T.V. ads for Carnival's Fun4All-All4Fun, I can honestly say I am really impressed. I like it much better than The Nation of Why Not. Sorry RCCL, I will always be an RCI Cheerleader but these ads kick butt! Now that's what I'm talkin bout! That's what I think of when I think cruisin...fun, parties, celebrations. I love the bigger than life Beachball ad the best, but equally whimsical is the pinata ad...left me wondering what will the mext one be?:D What do you think??? P.S. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell the Carnival board!!!:cool:

Me neither, wait, I'll go see their web site....no, don't see anything but the Starring You segments with Capt Demetris going through the locks. I don't recall any new T.V. ads but of course we all remember the Oscar ads..."I want to thank my chef, my travel agent etc etc". They were very good but not on any more that I recall.

I agree that Carnivals marketing is doing a better job because I prefer

"Fun for All and All for Fun" over "The Nation of why Not". The Carnival commercials also make me feel happy, so they have done their job...

But I will always stay faithful to RCI, especially since I'm Diamond now:o

What did that have to do with cruising? Hated it.

Well let me explain it to you...you see, there were these people and they were getting the party started early...beach balls are played with at the beach...get it!:D Then there was the Carnival logo and a ships horn sounded...it may have taken some thinking;), but I loved it.

Well let me explain it to you...you see, there were these people and they were getting the party started early...beach balls are played with at the beach...get it!:D Then there was the Carnival logo and a ships horn sounded...it may have taken some thinking;), but I loved it.

Yeah, I got that. Still, a beach ball can doesn't say cruise. The ending fog horn was the only thing. Still hated it.

I cruise for the cruising experience. When we're on a ship, the ads are irrelevant.

And frequently, on a Voyager/Freedom class ship, when a themed night is held in the promenade (70s night, 80s night, etc.) the staff throws some beachballs in to the crowd to bang around and have fun. Better than a giant beachball on the tube.

I love the message in the why not ad. After decades of thinking No Problem Mon, I am now a lady who answers Why Not. I am inspired to do things I would normally put off because of why not. Why not do the Alaskan cruise you have always dreamed about, so I booked it today. I don't think Carnival is selling cruising in this ad. It's reminding some of what Carnival is and hopefully will always be, FUN. McDonald's ads don't always sell burgers. Sometimes they want you to keep an eye out for the golden arches. RCCL is selling monstrosities at sea, Carnival mega FUN. To me Carnival is a line that doesn't pretend to be something that it's not. I always book Carnival knowing I will have fun but RCCL or Princess hoping it's fun. I have been lucky so far, but I am very good at getting a party started:D

To RCCL - I am answering the why not but to a different line. Princess is offering 2 for 1 deals to some pax to Alaska. Why not do the same.

I'm not crazy for any ads, I usually DVR and fast forward through all of them. I did watch the RCI ad and I thought the graphics and CGI were amazing (if that is what they used), far more creative than any of the others. Yet, it lacked excitement because of the music. Add some great music and it would be far better than any of the others.

The Carnival ads did not appeal to me in the least.

We Love the new CCL "Fun for All and All for Fun" ads. The music definitely sets the tone for the commercial, and the beach ball and the pinata make them fun. Maybe if RCCL had chosen some different music, their ads would pack more punch. Perhaps something like "Foot Stompin' Music" by Grand Funk would add more zip to the "Nation of Why Not" commercials. (just imagine it right now). The opening line in the song is "Come on everybody, we're gonna have a good time". Now THAT is the message that should be conveyed in the ad. As they are now, they are so mellow that you almost want to doze off for the 60 seconds that they play.

I don't like the "Nation of Why Not" campaign. My initial gut reaction was, "Huh?"

1) "Nation of Why Not" is too long for a slogan. It doesn't roll off the tongue well, it doesn't sound cool.

2) I feel like it's trying to make me think, "What the Hey?" which gets my guard up that someone's trying to hard sell me something.

3) It doesn't speak to RCCL's strengths. I see RCCL as a great product that offers cruising for everyone, only bigger and better. Some of the visuals in the commercial speak to this, but the slogan is counterproductive.

Personally I liked the older ads for both cruiselines. For RCI, the old "GET OUT THERE" slogans made me feel that they were more about actually doing activities and excursions (which is big on my list), than just hanging out on the lido deck.

I agree.....I am not new to cruising but when I saw the Carnival ad for the the first time, I thought "huh"??:confused: I don't think a person who never cruised before would have any idea what it is really about, except a party! Also liked the 'Get Out There" slogan for RCCL better, but just IMHO tho. Actually, these are the only 2 cruise company ads I have seen on TV down here in Florida and I would think we might see more.:p

Archived