Blackberrries

Elle in Chicago

It makes me depressed to even ask this question, but does anyone know if Blackberries work on the ship? We'll be on the Coral Princess in February, and will be traveling to the Panama Canal. I need to let work know if I'll be accessible via Blackberry or just through internet on the ship. Thanks!

It makes me depressed to even ask this question, but does anyone know if Blackberries work on the ship? We'll be on the Coral Princess in February, and will be traveling to the Panama Canal. I need to let work know if I'll be accessible via Blackberry or just through internet on the ship. Thanks!

First of all, there are only a couple of ships that have cell service on the ship that could be used. There are WiFi locations in the atrium area that might work, but I really think you will be out of luck until you get ashore and then relying on what your current provider has for service in that area. You might be stuck using the Internet Cafe while at sea.

I've had my Blackberry on the Carnival Triumph, Carnival Destiny, and the Crown Princess. Works most of the time, depending on how far from shore you were.

As far as working all over the Caribbean, I had no issues. Though, I didn't use it much, I never had a signal issue. Case in point, Grenada has no issues sending and receiving emails and voice calls.

I am planning to travel with my BB aboard the CB beginning Feb 1st. How can you disable the message communications and still use the phone option?

Thanks.

I was going to disable message communication when not in the US and just turn it on in St Thomas (where service is free). Wouldn't the communications charges be very high if messages got through on international waters?

Thought you all might get a chuckle out of my first thoughts when I say the word Blackberry.

I said to myself why would anyone want to know if they served blackberries on the ship, then I suddenly realized what you meant. How about if we just call it a blond moment and not use the age factor? Hope you all have a sense of humor. JoAnn

Lady45, that's pretty funny! I WISH I was asking about the fruit, blackberries.

To spare me the embarassment of having to call the IT Department, do I have to worry about roaming charges on my Blackberry if I don't use it as a cell phone? I won't get roaming charges just because I have it on, right? Thanks!

Archived