Best Foo Foo Drink on RCCL

2boyzmom

can you tell me whats in a coco loco and mango tango

Thanks

This is a recipe I got off another thread.

1 1/2 cups crushed ice

2 oz Pina Colada Syrup (Island Oasis)

2 oz Mango Syrup (Island Oasis)

1 1/2 oz Bacardi Gold Rum

Mix in blender until smoothie like

I know this is silly, but the term is a frou frou drink, not a foo foo drink. ;)

Anyhooo....my favorite frou frou drink is a frozen margarita :)

Both terms are considered correct. Frou Frou is a French term and Foo Foo is a term used in slang and in the Urban Dictionary. Go to Google and type i Foo Foo Drink and you will notice it does not correct you, therefore Google recognizes both.

Phew!

Now its time got a Long Island Ices Tea, that got me poo poo'ed!

I tried a number of drinks on my Voyager cruise last week. Several drinks of the day and several out of the drink menu.

Their pina coladas are really good, pack a little punch (good amount of rum), and are not too sweet (like so many are). The lava flows are basically pina coladas with strawberry or other flavored sweet syrupy stuff (like wild berry) mixed in, unlike the ones I had in Hawaii where they mixed in real strawberry puree. So I found the strawberry lava flow that I had on Voyager to be too sweet. The mojito I had was also too sweet, as was the Bahama Mama.

A couple of the vodka based drinks of the day were very nice, light, and refreshing. One (I think it was called "Lost at Sea") was made with vodka, Midori, and a shot of Grenadine. Another good one had cranberry juice, but I forgot the name.

The last night of the cruise I tried a "Jamaican Breeze", which was probably the best dark rum/fruit juice combination I tried - better (to me) than the bahama mama.

And by the way, I liked a bartender at the Pool Bar on Voyager named Matias from Chile. Always smiling and friendly, and made great drinks.

My favorite drink (not on RCCL but in Tortola) is the painkiller.....

Is this what you are thinking about???

Painkiller:

2 oz Pusser's Dark Rum

1 oz Cream of Coconut

4 oz Pineapple Juice

1 oz Orange Juice

Shake or stir ingredients. Pour over ice into a tall glass. Sprinkle nutmeg on top and serve. For more of a 'kick', simply increase the Rum. Enjoy!!! :D

BTW, RCI bartenders can/will make these............;)

Bruce

Also, if you're looking for a "kick", we had a zombie at Atlantis this past January and after only 2 or 3 there were grown men (who otherwise can handle much alcohol) who were feelin the love. It was fruity but packed a whallop! Not sure if the RCCL bartenders will make them but if you have a Nassau stop and plan to visit Atlantis, those bartenders make them nice!

gbl_rccllogowtag.gif glb_borderbottom_bld_556.gifs.gif

s.gif

s.gif

act_coconut_img_147.jpgCoco Loco - A CocoCay original It's easy to do a Coco Loco. Toss all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth. Then pour the potion into a cocktail glass and dress it up with a fresh wedge of pineapple. Yum! Now you can find this frosty treat in two places: CocoCay, Bahamas, our own private island, and at your next backyard barbecue.

Ingredients:

1/2 oz Orange Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Pineapple Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Papaya Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Coconut Cream

3/4 oz Dark Rum (Or make it a virgin Coco Loco without the rum)

3/4 oz Coconut Rum

1/4 oz Grenadine

Crushed ice

(Makes one cocktail)This is the original version (the best). I've made these and this recipe is dead on. A newer version has been posted on C.C. but IMHO, it is not as good.

[quote name='jmmcruiser;17999291

Ingredients:

1/2 oz Orange Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Pineapple Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Papaya Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Coconut Cream

3/4 oz Dark Rum (Or make it a virgin Coco Loco without the rum)

3/4 oz Coconut Rum

1/4 oz Grenadine

Crushed ice

(Makes one cocktail)This is the original version (the best). I've made these and this recipe is dead on. A newer version has been posted on C.C. but IMHO' date=' it is not as good.[/quote']

Where did you find this? I'd like to get the RC version of the Mango Tango...thanks:)

Archived