Your "go-to" food

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

What is the 1 food item you just miss and have to have the moment you get on a cruise?

Sadly, I found the food so bland I really don't have that 1 item. But if I had to choose- I always liked the interesting soups and tried them every day! For my husband he goes ga-ga over those corn beef sandwiches. On the bigger ships with "fish n chips" I love that bouillabaisse. Your thoughts?

How about what I MISS when I am on a cruise and look forward to when I get home!!

Buffalo chicken wings...

A RARE hamburger...

and cookie dough! -- though not all at the same time :eek::eek:

Those are distinct food groups unto themselves :D ;)

Tom

How about what I MISS when I am on a cruise and look forward to when I get home!!

Buffalo chicken wings...

A RARE hamburger...

Tom

I can't eat carnival's hamburgers. They are so horrible.

I love the soups on carnival. Strawberry is my fave, but I like all of them.

Buffalo chicken wings...

A RARE hamburger...

Tom

Tom I totally agree with the rare hamburger thing, you can't get ANYONE to make them rare anymore!!!!

Well, I don't have them the moment I get on a cruise, but my favorites are:

the made to order omlets

the cold strawberry soup (like melted ice cream-yummmm!)

turkey & swiss from the deli

onion rings from the grill

warm chocolate melting cake

The moment I board, I have a fun ship special. That's how I know I've arrived!:p

Tom I totally agree with the rare hamburger thing, you can't get ANYONE to make them rare anymore!!!!

Down in NO there is a restaurant called Ground Pati; they will always make your burger rare if you request it...or you can come here to Mississippi where I always grill my burgers rare! :eek: :D

Down in NO there is a restaurant called Ground Pati; they will always make your burger rare if you request it...or you can come here to Mississippi where I always grill my burgers rare! :eek: :D

I would be honored Bulldog. Actually we are eyeballing NOLA for a cruise one day soon, maybe I'll just make it to the Ground Pati ;)

Thanks for the info BullDog, and just where are you in Mississippi? If we ever get through there I'm coming in for a burger!!!

Carole

What is the 1 food item you just miss and have to have the moment you get on a cruise?

Sadly, I found the food so bland I really don't have that 1 item. But if I had to choose- I always liked the interesting soups and tried them every day! For my husband he goes ga-ga over those corn beef sandwiches. On the bigger ships with "fish n chips" I love that bouillabaisse. Your thoughts?

MissSnoppy I want to thank you for posting a fun, positive thread. I'm in a good mood today and want it to STAY!!!

Carole

I would be honored Bulldog. Actually we are eyeballing NOLA for a cruise one day soon, maybe I'll just make it to the Ground Pati ;)

Thanks for the info BullDog, and just where are you in Mississippi? If we ever get through there I'm coming in for a burger!!!

Carole

There are only two Ground Pati's I know of that are still open post-Katrina but they are both easy enough to find...my favorite one is on David Drive just off Veterans Hwy, the other is in Bucktown off Old Hammond Hwy...and you are most welcome to stop by...we are just 15 minutes east of Jackson!! :D

Close enough to NOLA that we go down for Mardi Gras, French Quarter Fest and Jazz Fest almost every year and as often as possible throughout the year...oh yeah, and to go see family...:D

Carole, if you want you can email me at bulldogsrepairshopatgmaildotcom...

Steve

BDC: You just made me smile with the mention of Ground Pati. :) Loved that place for numerous years in New Orleans as well as in Jackson, MS (it was right down the road from Jackson Prep) but that was many years ago. Pewter plates and mugs, and deeeeeeeelish burgers. :D

Love the Creme Brule, but I wish all Carnival ships would offer a nice plate of nachos swarming with chili and cheese and jalapenos. Can never seem to find a comfort food like that to go with my beer:)

I can find the chips with the processed warm cheese, but not loaded nachos. Oh well, I will save that for home.

vicki

Archived