Help me convince a friend

dnj1

to cruise. DH and I have a couple that we would love to cruise with us. They have never cruised before. We both have 2 children. They have a DD2 and DS9. I don't think she realizes how much free time she would really have for DH and for herself. One of each of our kids would be in the same camp group. My kids have cruised before. She is a little concerned about leaving kids in camp. I plan to have her read your responses. Any encouraging words would be appreciated. We are cruising on Carnival and I have mentioned to her about the pager for the 2 yo. My DD9 would be with her son in camp. I am trying to tell her, as all of us know...in cruising you get the best of both worlds... family time and alone time.:) Please help!!!

Obviously, one of the the kids are in school, and do well with others...I wonder what her concern is about?

Does Carnival even take 2 year olds into the kid's program?

Cruising is just like a resort vacation, except you're moving!!!

Get her a brochure and maybe that will spark some interest!

It's been my experience that when you have to "hard sell" cruising to people, they don't have a good time and tend to be quite vocal about it. ;) If you've all ready presented it, just give them time to think and let them come to their own conclusion. That's been my experience, anyway. Good luck.

Like a pp said, unless the 9 yo isnt in school and is without special needs I dont see why they would fret about her being with a group for a few hours. If they dont want to leave the kids they dont have to.

Are there hidden cameras in the kids club? Just curious.

If they are concerned about safety its not like they are letting 2 yo kids run around deck unsupervised.

My inlaws didnt ever think they would like cruising but they finally tried and had a great time. So people can change their minds (although for them it took over 10 years).

As for parents, so many of my friends think we are bonkers for even vacationing with our children much less a big vacation like a cruise. Im not going to ever be able to sway their ideas. Oh well, their loss.

to cruise. DH and I have a couple that we would love to cruise with us. They have never cruised before. We both have 2 children. They have a DD2 and DS9. I don't think she realizes how much free time she would really have for DH and for herself. One of each of our kids would be in the same camp group. My kids have cruised before. She is a little concerned about leaving kids in camp. I plan to have her read your responses. Any encouraging words would be appreciated. We are cruising on Carnival and I have mentioned to her about the pager for the 2 yo. My DD9 would be with her son in camp. I am trying to tell her, as all of us know...in cruising you get the best of both worlds... family time and alone time.:) Please help!!!

Once you have the pager for a younger child, they'll use it to contact you re the older one if necessary, too. This was the case when we sailed Carnival with a 2yo (almost 3) and 8yo. On that cruise, we were also with friends who had kids the same age as ours. Everyone, kids and adults, had a blast. The little kids were much happier going to the kids club together than they would have been by themselves. I know I enjoyed having someone to share "girl time" with as well as adult time with DH.

Things we enjoy -- no cooking, dishes, or cleaning for the duration; several (usually) interesting stops while only unpacking once and the travel in between is as enjoyable as the stops; kid activities, adult activities, and family activities

Thanks for all replies. I know money is not a problem for them. Maybe I should just "let it be". But even her DH wants to go. Its just a new idea to her and she has no idea what to expect. I thought a little "pick me up" would not hurt. She really needs a vacation, she is an at home mom with the DD2. She just likes supervising her DS9 at all times. Yes...he is in school, but.... she still thinkgs that she will need to "watch" him every minute. :rolleyes: Maybe I will send her a brochure.

She doesn't talk bad about cruising just hesitant.

[

Things we enjoy -- no cooking, dishes, or cleaning for the duration; several (usually) interesting stops while only unpacking once and the travel in between is as enjoyable as the stops; kid activities, adult activities, and family activities

Those are things that I enjoy too. I thought about showing her a caper with the kids activities on it.

Archived