Booked guaranteed the suspense is killing me!

secordwest

I have never booked guaranteed before and thought I would try it. After all every room we have ever had on all the ships we have been on were great (4), although we are spoiled and always get a balcony room. I booked guaranteed balcony on the Pride 1/16/04. I talk to my TA and made sure that our two booked rooms would be linked in hopes we will be together. I also call Carnival to assure that we are link, the Rep told me yes and that every effort would be made to put us together.

So now my only question is where are my rooms? I check every day on the Carnival web sight and try to figure out what rooms we will have.

This is what I do; we have 3 people in one room and 2 in the other. I view all available cabins for 3 and then look to see what open cabins are right next to them for 2 and make a list, then every day I go back to see if any of the room on my list are gone. With this process of elimination I have narrowed it down to about 30 rooms we may have on our cruse.

Am I going crazy? Don’t answer that question.

Am I the only one to go to such extremes? Don’t answer that one either.

Anyone out there more crazed about sailing than me? This one you can answer

Anyone have any special system of there own? Please answer this one.

Okay, there is a better way, but I can't guarentee anything. We booked a guarentee on the Pride and did not find out until we arrived at port. (Booked a BL and got an 8D)

1. Go to the Carnival website and plug in your booking number. (By the way, you should complete your fun pass while you are here.) Select option modify booking. Check out if a cabin is assigned.

2. Did you get your docs? If so, check your ticket's flip side. After your booking number, there is your cabing number.

By the way, my cabin on the website and my docs is still TBA, so I guess it will be a surprise!

I think with option 1, you have to have booked with Carnival directly. It doesn't work for me. There isn't a "modify booking" selection. Unless I am doing something wrong.......And doesn't it have to be 50 (or less) days prior to sailing?

The book modify method does not work for me. Still saying TBA and I am 4 weeks out and booked directly through Carnival. I hate the suspense!!! I wonder if I call to order a gift if the person taking the order would tell me???

Katie

The book modify method does not work for me. Still saying TBA and I am 4 weeks out and booked directly through Carnival. I hate the suspense!!! I wonder if I call to order a gift if the person taking the order would tell me???

Katie

They will not tell you your cabin number if you call to order a gift.... Have you received your docs? If your cabin HAS been assigned you can find it on your docs, if not, you will have to wait until you get to the pier. I would recommend to anyone that cannot stand the suspense to book a specific cabin... alleviates all stress ;)

I wait until I arrive at the pier and have one of the stevedores look it up on the manifest.

Well of course that's the smart way to go if you want to do things sanely and rationally.

But us obsessive complusive types prefer to waste all our time trying to figure out something the we have no control over, can change an infinite number of times before the cruise, and in the long run makes little difference because we'll have a good time in any cabin.

That is soo true Earthworm: when we find our cabins to find we were not upgraded its such a depression- but at least the depression goes away before we leave for the cruise. Cant imagine waiting to get to the pier to see. I did my last cruise as a guarantee and I rather pick my cabin coz I just couldnt stand not knowing-

Yikes, don't dare mention the K*11y m*th*d here, or your posting will get pulled!!! Like you found, it still works (though it is very very tedious).

Booked Garanteed balcony got a 8G on Spirit 12/27/04 found room # by clicking on the chocolate ship in gift section revealed my room # 7125 WOOOHOOO

After you have completed all the Fun Pass information and all passengers are COMPLETE, simply hit the GIFTS button on the page (next to the PRINT button). This will bring you to a page with the most popular gifts on it. Hit the name of any one of the gifts and on the page that it goes to will (hopefully) have your booking number along with your cabin assignment. Worked for me.

I am sailing on the Victory on 11/28. It is only 8 days away. Still no room assigned. I booked a balcony GTE

I tried both methods but still came up empty. The modifier method still shows that the cabin is still TBA. The gift method nothing came up. It still ask for the room number.

Carnival has to send to the FTC a passenger list 72 hours before the cruise and thus no one can book after, therefore Carnival should assign all rooms by Thursday.

stan

Archived